- Salary Offer NTA Grade B
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date April 17, 2021
About Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission :
Job Title; Senior Program Management Specialist
GradeL: NTA Grade B
Ministry / Agency: IARCSC
Job Location: Kabul
Number of Jobs: One Position
Report To: Director General, Civil Services Institute
Duration of Contract: One Year with possibility of extension
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is: To lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”.
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The Senior Program Management Specialist (SPMS), as a member of Change Management Team (CMT), will work under direct supervision of General Director. The SPMS will work closely with all units to develop, boost and maintain program management system for ACSI. The SPMS is responsible to support in developing a 3 years program in line with IARCSC strategic plan and objectives. The incumbent is required to set long term goals, facilitate strategic planning, develop concepts, proposals, help in building capacity of current staff, develop guidelines, and establish program management mechanism for ACSI.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Facilitate strategic planning process
- Help with the process of developing a 3 years CDP in collaboration with other departments.
- Design and organize projects based on the CSI’s program scheme and IARCSC’s strategic plan
- Collect and analysis data for developing new projects and insuring effective implementation of program
- Provide technical support to curriculum development team concerning the program management
- Take part in training programs of civil servants
- Develop program management guidelines and tools for building sustainable operation mechanisms
- Write concepts and proposals to attain new projects and initiatives for fulfilment of program goals and objectives
- Conduct Trainings and design organizational development intervention to boost internal capacity
- Work with M&E department to enhance M&E system and tools
- Take part in developing organizational procedures, manuals, guidelines and tools
- Any other tasks related to program management assigned by General Director.
- Proven track record in proposal design, proposal writing and project management particularly in education sector.
- Very good knowledge of civil service and social services policies and programs
- Experience of work with government of Afghanistan and international organizations
- Academic and professional writing and presentation Skills,
- Experience of engagement in strategic planning process
- Computer literate, in particular MS Word, Excel and Power Point is required
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Having a Master’s Degree with (5) years of relevant experience in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Project management, Social Sciences, Economics or relevant fields;
Bachelor degree in the above mentioned fields with at least 7 years relevant working experience;
S/He should have good knowledge in organization development and human resources development;
Fluency in English and ability to communicate in Dari/Pashtu is required.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who meet minimum requirements for this post are requested to please
Send their applications with curriculum vitae to the following email addresses: