- Salary Offer As per NTA Salary Scale
- Experience • Atleast Bachelor degree, a total of 7 years of g
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 12 Months Extendable
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference MCIT/Digital CASA/PIU/IC-15
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date June 19, 2021
- Education minimum bachelor’s degree (preferably master’s degree) in engineering, Economics, Law, Computer Scie
About Ministry of communication and IT:
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received Project Preparatory Grant/Fund from the World Bank to prepare for
Execution of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to hire a
qualified Individual Consultant (an Afghan National) to work as Senior Procurement Specialist of the Project and to carry out relevant procurement capacity building in MCIT.
This Consultancy support will be provided to MCIT at Kabul, under the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project.
The aim of the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project is: (i) to strengthen the Regional and expand National level broadband connectivity based on Optical Fiber Networks; (ii) to boost up digital society and economy through e-Governance initiatives and (iii) to prepare an enabling environment and Regulation for the growth of ICT Sector in Afghanistan. The project will do so by: (a) strengthening of broadband connectivity in the region; (b) expansion and strengthening of national broadband connectivity in Afghanistan; (c) Commissioning of a Network called “Govnet” to connect some of the Government Offices at Central and Provincial Government levels; (d) Automation of citizen-centric services through e-Governance initiatives; (e) Automation of e-Governance mechanisms and strengthening of e-Delivery Platforms; (f) framing up of Regulations, Policies, Strategies and Policies for growth of ICT Sector.
To contribute towards achievement of some of the above mentioned objectives of Digital CASA
Afghanistan Project, MCIT has decided to avail the consultancy services of an Individual Consultant (an Afghan National) to work as Senior Procurement Specialist. This Consultancy Support is essentially required to assist the existing PIU of Digital CASA Project in carrying out procurements for the Procurement packages under Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and make sure that all procurement is carried out in accordance with World Bank procurement guidelines/regulations.
Objectives of the Consultancy Assignment:
The objectives of this assignment are to support the PIU and the PICU with all procurements under the Digital CASA Project and other programs being undertaken by MCIT.
The consultant will work under the guidance of the Project Director of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and coordinate with other staff in Procurement Department and other Departments of MCIT. He will be accountable for ensuring that all the procurements under Digital CASA Afghanistan Project are done in accordance with the procurement procedures agreed upon between the World Bank and the Government of Afghanistan, in an efficient and transparent manner. The consultant will also provide procurement advice and support to the Procurement department of MCIT whenever required and assigned by the PIU Director.
Scope of Work and Tasks:
Selected Consultant will execute the following tasks:
- Advise Director of PIU and the PICU of Digital CASA Project on the project procurement issues as related to Digital CASA Afghanistan Project(called Project);
- Support the PIU by being responsible for:
- Preparation, reviewing and updating procurement plan for the project and procurement monitoring plan for the project;
- Assist in the preparation of PPSD and other strategic documents for Digital CASA Afghanistan Project.
- Preparing, reviewing and clearing commercial aspects of bidding documents/RFPs, bid evaluation, short-listing, technical and financial evaluations for all procurement activities required under the project;
- Following up with concerned government departments and the World Bank (if required) to have the TORs and bidding documents approved and issued in a timely manner according to the approved procurement plan of the Project;
- Managing the process of advertising, correspondence, bid receipt and bid opening strictly in accordance with agreed upon procurement procedures;
- Preparing and reviewing evaluation reports to submit for approval;
- Following up with concerned government departments and the World Bank (if required) to have the evaluation reports approved in a timely manner;
- Participating in contract negotiations with the winning consultancy firm(s);
- Managing the procurement filing system in a systematic manner;
- Monitoring and reporting of procurement implementation status and progress to the Project Director of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and the World Bank as required;
- Coordinating with, providing necessary training or assistance to other Departments of MCIT on procurements.
- Make sure that all procurement related activities of the project are carried out in accordance with procurement guidelines/regulations of World Bank.
- Make sure that all legal covenants are met with respect to Digital CASA procurements.
- Assisting the Digital CASA PIU and PICU with other procurement related matters as and when required.
- Working to provide regular trainings and on the job exposure to the MOCIT procurement staff.
- Working closely with National procurement authority or any other agency on external facilitated and carried procurement activities.
- Carryout any other task assigned by Project Director of Digital CASA Project.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree (preferably master’s degree) in engineering, Economics, Law, Computer Science, or any other degree.
b. Work Experience
- A good knowledge of Afghanistan public procurement law and guidelines, and World Bank Standard Procurement Regulations;
- Atleast Bachelor degree, a total of 7 years of general work experience; 5 years of which shall be in procurement role with public sector in donor funded projects and atleast 3 years expereince as procurement specialist with the donor funded project or international development agencies.
Previous experience in procurement capacity development is an advantage;
c. Key Competencies
- Fluent English both written and spoken;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Flexibility, ability to adapt to complex and evolving situations;
- Have familiarity with MS Office package;
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, Brochures, Description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions and availability of appropriate skills etc.).
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January, 2011 edition).
Expressions of interest (Cover Letter and a detailed Resume) must be submitted byJune,19,2021 at 16.00 Kabul time to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write the name of this vacancy (SENIOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST) in the subject-line of your email.
Applications sent later than the indicated date/time will not be considered.