- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 5 - 8 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration Not specified
- Contract Type Permanent
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AWCC/HR/22/VA/031
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date May 18, 2022
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data, and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
For dividing the workload in a good manner and to be a good backup for the Network Administrator in cases of absentee, the Sr. Network Engineer can handle and lead Network Engineers along with his/ her responsibilities.
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for the network documentation and maintenance and all heretical jobs that are coming through Network Administrator.
Based on the responsibility he/she has to work closely with Network Admin to help him/her provide network services for the corporate users in all AWCC offices around Afghanistan.
Sr. Network Engineer is under the direct guidance and supervision of the NIS – Manager and NIS – Supervisor, to provide daily technical helps to NIS – Manager and other team members for maintaining the AWCC Corporate Network, to ensure 100% availability of the technology environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensures effective functioning of the WAN/LAN/WLAN and use of documenting tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Compliance with Corporate WAN/LAN/WLAN maintaining and technology standards/policies, guidelines, and procedures for the AWCC office’s information technology environment.
· Identification and implementation of innovative uses of the WAN/LAN/WLAN, which would enhance the AWCC office’s effectiveness.
2. Ensures effective functioning of the WAN and maintenance of security parameters on achievement of the following results:
· Ensure the high level of switching configurations in remote AWCC regional offices and provide troubleshooting hints to the regional Network Engineers.
· Identification and implementation of innovative usage of WAN, Fiber, WLAN, and LAN devices (Distribution and Access Layer devices) which would enhance the AWCC network’s effectiveness.
· Implementation of network security in all AWCC corporate networks by deploying port blocking, bandwidth control, securing the network from unauthorized users, and allowing the users to have network access.
· Configuration and provision of secure connections for the remote users to access the digital assets of AWCC through different types of VPNs.
· As Sr. Network Engineer, you will participate in the SD-WAN and IT network planning, development, and support professionals, often helping with leading the design of SD-WAN networks and providing support for internal teams, clients, and customers.
3. Provides effective desktop, WLAN, LAN, and Communication support and focuses on the achievement of the following results:
· Setup and maintenance of the WLAN/ LAN Communications in the AWCC offices.
· Reconfiguration of new equipment and systems in WLAN and LAN and corrective actions in case of failure.
· Troubleshooting and monitoring of network problems, network traffics, usage, and performance.
· Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for all Cisco/Juniper devices, which are in the Core, Distribution, and Access layers of the AWCC network.
· Maintaining network access policies, and controlling systems to ensure that all AWCC corporate access layers and equipments are in proper stability and working to maintain satisfactory communications.
· Will be required to respond to incidents and alerts and provide occasional out-of-hours technical support.
· Maintenance of logs of reported problems and corrective measures taken.
4. Ensures Effective Sr. Network Engineering, focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Administer the AWCC corporate network to provide a stable and responsive environment.
· Maintain up-to-date parameters of information for the network devices including network mapping, configuration, backup, and so on.
· Operate network utility procedures: Define network users and security attributes/Establish directories, menus, and drive-mappings/Configure all distribution and access layers devices.
· Advise/assist and provide knowledge support to the helpdesk and network support engineers and execute related archiving procedures.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the AWCC offices focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Maintenance of network and network Support Engineers’ training profiles and coordination/conduct of training specific to user’s needs.
· Arrangements for briefings and demonstrations of corporate and end user-developed systems, and coordination of external training sessions.
· Keep abreast of current technology through self-study, trade publications, and professional activities, synthesis of lessons learned and best practiced in WLAN/LAN management.
· Experts with Voice over internet protocol (VoIP) skills, which is a mix of voice, video, and knowledge on one network. A Network Engineer designs, tests, installs, and maintains both local VoIP systems in projects.
Qualifications and Industrial Level Certification Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science/information technology or related fields is required.
- Must be certified in JNCIA and CCNA, prefer the JNCIS/JNCIP/CCNP.
- Good skills and knowledge of information systems, excellent technical skills in Juniper and Cisco devices, databases, network/networking.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in managing sophisticated information Technology field.
- Experience in PC support, remote communications, LAN/WLAN/VoIP/WAN.
- Excellent Technical skills and knowledge of Information technology networks particularly Juniper, Cisco, Ubiquiti, and MikroTik switches, routers, and access points.
- Knowledge of wireless LAN infrastructure – (802.11x) and Experience managing wireless end-user devices.
- Ability to meet deadlines; work under pressure, good negotiation and organizational skills.
- Ability to Provide 24/7 network services for corporate users.
- The interested candidates should fill and submit the APPLICATION FORM with complete and correct information. To have access to the APPLICATION FORM, please copy and paste the link into your Web Browser.