- Salary Offer As per RoP salary scale
- Years of Experience At least 5 years of work experience in M&E within an international donor organization, preferably on United Nations Programs.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One Year-Extendable
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AFN-1367
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field is required, Master’s Degree is preferred.
- close Date February 27, 2024
About Roots of Peace:
Roots of Peace is a humanitarian organization that has worked in war-torn countries around the world with our partners to remove the remnants of war, landmines and unexploded ordinance, and restore the land in order to rebuild peaceful communities for generations to come. For the past twenty years, the Roots of Peace award-winning “Mines to Vines” approach has impacted one million farmers and families, enabling the exports worth over $150 million to international markets. Since beginning our work in Afghanistan in 2003, Roots of Peace has worked with agricultural value chains in every province of the country resulting in 100,000 tons of exports, creating over 9,000 full-time agribusiness jobs that benefited more than 38,000 families from these value chain approaches. From farmers to exporters, Roots of Peace develops entire agricultural value chains by implementing the ROP Development Model which is designed to serve as a catalyst to generate much broader impact industry-wide – improving incomes for smallholder farmers, bringing peace to rural communities, transforming national industries.
- Developing a baseline survey, data collection instruments, the timeline of M&E activities, and staff training in data collection use, analysis, and reporting.
- Managing the collection of data and information required for ROP/Donor reports and unanticipated information requests.
- Assure that the Marketing Team Leader is aware of all ROP/Donor compliance responsibilities, including those relating to performance reporting and environmental compliance.
- Monitoring the implementation of the project PMP to ensure the project’s output and outcome indicator targets and overall goals and objectives, are achieved
- Assisting in designing and conducting surveys to measure improvements in agricultural technologies and practices in the program target areas as a result of Roots of Peace Program interventions.
- Writing and presenting M&E reports to highlight the program’s progress toward indicator targets.
- Assisting in producing project quarterly and other reports including brochures, factsheets, and briefing documents.
- Facilitate the process of translation of tools and necessary M&E documents when so required.
- Plan and organize all training of program staff in M&E tools and M&E theory as requested based on some needs.
- Keep the M&E system active and responsive to the Management.
- Regularly monitor the process of surveys and survey data Collection if needed.
- Maintain all program data in a manner conducive to reporting to donors and providing usable information to management.
- Develop individual work plans with each staff member who directly reports to you.
- Performing other tasks assigned by the program senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field is required, Master’s Degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years of work experience in M&E within an international donor organization, preferably on United Nations Programs.
- Strong statistical analysis skills are required.
- International organization experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of UN and USAID M&E systems is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- If required, willingness to travel to other areas of Afghanistan.
- Professional Fluency in English (working language), and language skills in Pashto and Dari required.
- Sensitive to cultural and gender issues, capable of working both independently and within a team on tasks with short deadlines.
Important Note: Applicants should copy and paste the relevant Vacancy Announcement Number, Position Title, and Province Name (mentioned below) into the email subject line when submitting their application. Please do not add any other information in the subject line of your email except the Position title, Vacancy Number, and province name. Applications received without a VA Number will not be considered.
1. Sr. M&E Specialist (AFN-1367)
“Roots of Peace does not want to disrupt government functionings and therefore cannot hire government staff”.