- Salary Offer NTA, Grade B 1-5
- Years of Experience Minimum of 5 years’ experience with master’s degree and 7 years with bachelor in an equivalent position
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference COMAC-5267
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field
- close Date November 30, 2022
About Blumont/ Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC):
The Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC) activity, implemented by Blumont Global Development, Inc., provides comprehensive victims’ assistance (VA) to Afghan families affected by conflict. COMAC is designed to operate in all 34 provinces of Afghanistan. In addition to providing VA services, COMAC also builds the capacity of its staff and community volunteers to facilitate VA service provision, conducts outreach, and empowers Afghan civil society organizations (CSOs) to raise awareness among the Afghan public and their beneficiaries on the need for and the availability of VA services.
Blumont is seeking candidate for the position of Senior HR Manager to perform a variety of human resource management functions primarily related to the administration and recruitment of local staff. The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Essential Job Functions:
- Under Supervision of Direct of Finance and Administration develop a strategy for COMAC which is in line with goals and objectives of Blumont, Afghanistan Labor Law and USAID procedures;
- Develop HR strategy to ensure the available resources are directed to strategic objectives, all function of HR is fully utilized, promote culture rooted in calibration, transparency, accountability, innovation and all inclusive;
- Develop and implement human resources need of the program to have the required need with the right competencies;
- Develop strategy to improve staff wellbeing, foster productive work environment, develop the moral of the staff to improve engagement and motivation;
- Advise to develop the methodology increase retention;
- Oversee the full recruitment cycle, employ traditional method and active recruitment to find the best talent from the market using every medium at the disposal;
- Ensure the recruitment and selection follows the procedure set by the COMAC in a transparent manner;
- Review the Position Requisition Forms PRF, SoW and make recommendation to ensure that the position meets the department requirement, in line with overall objectives and ensure consistency with NTA;
- Ensure the recruitment tracker is constantly updated and is reflected in various reports;
- Oversee the Administrative duties and ensure the COMAC policy, procedures, practices, and norms are in compliance with labor law to minimize any legal exposure;
- Ensure the personal files are updated, get scan copies and timely shared with HQ;
- Lead exist management procedure, conduct exit interview, analyze the findings and share it with senior management to further improvement of HR practices;
- Organize refresher trainings to all staff about Blumont polices and Code of Conduct, address escalate/violation of these polices/CoC appropriately;
- On need basis liaise with legal department for legal consultation on HR related issues;
- Revise the benefit packages to staff when/if needed in consultation with HQ and Senior Management as stipulated in Employee Manual
- Ensure to process of monthly payroll in timely manner maintaining accuracy of documents;
- Lead the Performance Management process including setting SMART annual goals, periodic review, midterm and final basement, annual appraisal, and identify skill gape and lack of motivation for superior performance;
- Ensure timely completion of annual performance evaluation process;
- Lead the employee relationship management, win the trust of the staff, investigate the conflict/violation of CoC/grievance in the workplace with integrity and transparency;
- Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedure and make sure it is administrated in a fair manner in compliance with legal and labor law regulations;
- Advise the senior management in determining appropriate disciplinary action when needed;
- Serve as a primary source in response in HR department;
- Ensure the activities of HR is carried out in adherence with labor law, Blumont Policies and standards;
- Work with senior management to determine human resources need, identify the competency gap;
- Arrange training and couching to build the capacity of the staff with the available resources in hands;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with master’s degree and 7 years with bachelor in an equivalent position. Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred. USAID funded project experience is a clear plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and the ability to draft substantive correspondence.
- Ability to work in a team with customer service focus, ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines. Ability to maintain the confidentiality in the entire recruitment process. Good interpersonal skills and Advance computer skills in Microsoft office are required.
- Demonstrate commitment to Blumont mission, vision and values. Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven organizational and administrative management skills.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships between work units and departments.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; fluent written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto.
- Ability to develop policy and procedure guidelines.
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately & provide departmental guidance to staff.
- Good adaptability and ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Proven leadership, teambuilding, & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, decision making and negotiation skills.
- High level of integrity, independence and initiative.
- Strong customer service and ability to work quickly under deadlines.
Interested and qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for this position by filling out the online application form and upload their cover letters and CVs through the following link:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for the interview.
Note: Female candidates and People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.