- Salary Offer NTA Grade B
- Experience 5 years relevant experience for Master degree in r
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One year (extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference C_PMO 121-Sr. Groundwater Specialist
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 31, 2021
- Education Master degree in water resource engineering/management, civil & environment Engineer & groundwater
The General Water Resources Directorate (GWRD) of National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been recently assigned to undertake widely studies, advanced data analysis, improvement of database system and develop water (groundwater & surface water) information management system. To meet its intuitional mandate, GWRD has carried out internal assessment and identified capacity gaps in multiple areas including surface water, groundwater, flood management, drought monitoring and forecasting and lack of water information management system.
The General Water Resources Directorate would like to seek its partners support in recruitment of Hydrological & Hydrogeological data analyst interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve knowledge on hydrological & hydrological statistics and events, thus effecting the decision and making policy accordingly. Hydrological Data analyst gather information from various sources and interpret trends and patterns. Once data has been gathered and interpreted the data analyst will report back what has been found in a comprehensive study. Following are the proposed positions:
- Help/assist Groundwater Specialist in additional data collection, groundwater investigation, hydro-geological mapping and groundwater development strategy formulation;
- Review, compile required technical and progress reports and work plans, both in English and National language/s;
- Analyzing the results for formulation of policy making
- Reporting the results back to the relevant authorities and departments
- Working with the team members within the authority or the management team to establish better coordination
- Calibration of input data for hydrogeology analysis
- Strengthening the water resources team in order to improve the hydrogeological analysis.
- Coordinate and follow up activities of the international expert of river basins especially Panj-e-Amu project with GWRD.
- Conducting training / workshop and capacity building for river basins particularly Panj-e-Amu River Basin local staff.
- Developing the methodology to analysis observed data
- Preparing the monthly, seasonally, bi-annually and annual water year book
- Given consultant to general water resources directorate regarding groundwater issues.
- Check, review and feedback to the groundwater studies, reports and other documents.
- Any other duties required by the water resources general director.
- Master degree in water resource engineering/management, civil & environment Engineer & groundwater management, hydrogeology and Bachelor degree in water resource engineering/management, civil & environment Engineer & groundwater management, hydrogeology.
- 5 years relevant experience for Master degree in related fields and 7 years relevant experience for Bachelor degree in related fields.
- Proficiency in using Arc GIS and some other related statistical software
- Knowledge in relevant computer software such as Excel, Word, Power Point, Hydro access.
- Knowledge of developing training materials, and offer training related to water related problems to other staff of NWARA and give presentation and seminars.
- Fluency in Persian, Pashto and English (Writing, Reading and Speaking).
- Being creative and proactive.
- Having ability for enhancing capacity of other relevant staff.
The interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 31-07-2021. Please indicate the position title and reference no. in the e-mail subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.