- Salary Offer As per NTA salary scale
- Experience • MBA Finance and five years’ experience or bachelor’s degree in finance or related field with a minimum of eight to ten years of relevant work experience is required
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 1 year (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference AFN-1074
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 27, 2021
- Education • MBA Finance and five years’ experience or bachelor’s degree in finance (Master is preferred) + More than five years of experience
About Roots of Peace:
Roots of Peace is a humanitarian organization that has worked in war-torn countries around the world with our partners to remove the remnants of war, landmines and unexploded ordinance, and restore the land in order to rebuild peaceful communities for generations to come. For the past twenty years, the Roots of Peace award-winning “Mines to Vines” approach has impacted one million farmers and families, enabling the exports worth over $150 million to international markets. Since beginning our work in Afghanistan in 2003, Roots of Peace has worked with agricultural value chains in every province of the country resulting in 100,000 tons of exports, creating over 9,000 full-time agribusiness jobs that benefited more than 38,000 families from these value chain approaches. From farmers to exporters, Roots of Peace develops entire agricultural value chains by implementing the ROP Development Model which is designed to serve as a catalyst to generate much broader impact industry-wide – improving incomes for smallholder farmers, bringing peace to rural communities, transforming national industries.
- Adhere to the ROP Grants Manual, to establish Project specific policies and procedures for the issuance and management of different types of grants, including developing/adapting templates, procedures, and regulations to be used for formulating, negotiating, obtaining approvals, executing, monitoring, processing funds request, ensuring compliance with the award documents, modifying and closing the grants according to the organization/donor regulations;
- Where appropriate, assist the grantees/GPNs in developing the work plans, budgets, monitoring progress, tracking expenses, preparing reports, and following up on grantees’ complaints with the terms of their agreements;
- As needed, conduct field visits to monitor grantee implementation of activities. Ensure that implementation of activities is in accordance with the donor and ROP regulations.
- Review and analyze grant budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
- Manage and support the grants requirement and implementation for the organization.
- Develop complete grant packages with the required back-up documentation for each grant (i.e., In-kind Grants, Fixed-Award Amount, and combinations of these grants etc.) and work with DCOP/COP and Finance Officer to obtain the required Contracts Management Services (CMS) and USAID Approval.
- Draft for review and signature pre- and post-award documents (i.e., grants applications/proposal, contracts, plans/justifications, pre-award).
- Establish and maintain a proper filing system to maintain a complete record of all types of grants issued by the project in the field.
- Establish and maintain proper contracts tracker, processes, documentation, and monitor and record budget and payment information and contract deliverables.
- Routinely review and verify grantees’ statements of expenditures to ensure the accuracy of sub-grant-related data and assist in preparing spending status for each sub-grantee on a schedule determined by the DCOP.
- Assist in the preparation/modification of sub-grantee budgets, keeping a track record of any changes during the award period.
- Create correspondence to grant applicants and grantees as necessary.
- Prepare reports and participate in the review of grant applications.
- Request final reports from grantees if reports have not been filed in a timely manner.
- Oversee the preparation and timely submission of grant applications/proposal, contracts amendments, and budget transfers.
- Compile and evaluate price and / or cost data with all elements of cost in contractor proposals and making competitive range determinations.
- Provide regular updates on the status of implementation of subcontracts to DCOP and COP.
- Report consistent and accurate financial data on sub-contract activities.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by Project leadership.
- Financial and Risk Management related to institutional grants
- Experience leading and managing the procurement and acquisition aspects of USAID funded projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable procurement-related USG and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) regulations.
- Verifiable working experience in preparing, issuing, and administering grants contracts, subcontracts and award/sub-awards is required.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and effectively deal with competing pressures, multiple stakeholders, unplanned change and tight time-frames.
- Knowledge of USAID and its contractual and reporting requirements.
- Experience with computerized and financial accounting and strong organizational skills.
- Prior experience with project closeout and file readiness for audit compliance is highly desired.
- Experience with international development organizations or donor-funded development projects is preferred.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative, and the ability to deal with a wide range of issues; including confidential and sensitive data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and/or external effect.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids
- Strong understanding of how financial management, procurements, and grants align with compliance.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team; proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible, and team-focused work environment.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information, meet tight/tough deadline and schedules and create timely, high quality report the DCOP/COP
- Ability to work closely as a team and network with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Substantive experience in the use of computers and Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
- Fluency in English and local languages i.e. Pashto and Dari required.
Throug following email address: