- Salary Offer As per organization Salary scale
- Address kabul
- Years of Experience 4 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference EPD-FIN-167
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education BBA degree (MBA is preferred) Having CAT / CIA is highly preferred
- close Date September 30, 2022
About Equality for Peace and Development (EPDO):
Organization Brief Background:
Equality for Peace and Development Organization (EPDO) established as National NGO in 2010 and registered in Ministry of Economy.
EPDO’ envisions Afghanistan to be a peaceful, prosperous and developed state, where all Afghans enjoy equal rights without any form of discrimination.
EPDO’s mission is to empower and strengthen women and youth at the community and policy levels and promote human rights, peace and good governance.
EPDO’s main office is in Kabul, Qala Fatiullah and has provincial offices in (Ningarhar, Kandahar, Bamyan, Kunoz, Balkh, Paktia, Herat) however, EPDO will open more offices in the new provinces based on new projects.
EPDO has implemented projects from UNICEF, UNDP, UN-WOMEN, IDLG, USIP, Cordaid, TLO and SIDA.
For more details, please visit EPDO’s website: www.epd-afg.org
Equality for Peace and Development Organization (EPDO) was established in 2010 and is registered with the Ministry of Economy. EPD is looking for a Senior Finance Officer. The Senior Finance Officer of EPD is responsible day to day financial transactions and tasks to ensure a correct and transparent system is in place. The Senior Finance Officer has to make sure all projects and activities are provided with efficient financial management support for carrying out their activity effectively. The Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for the followings:
- Preparing financial report for each project as per the Donor’s templates
- Preparing bank reports, bank reconciliations reports, and Cashflow reports.
- Reconciling monthly bank accounts with payments and cash books.
- Transferring funds and dealing with vendors, companies, and organizations about their claims.
- Calculating the permanent staff and consultants’ salaries tax and follow up on clearing of the tax on a monthly basis with the ministry of finance. Keeping records of all tax clearances.
- Filing of the tax identification numbers for all EPDO staff and ensuring that staff gets in as soon as they join office.
- Updating general ledger on daily basis.
- Preparing receipts, vouchers, withdrawal vouchers, fund transferred vouchers, and fund receipt vouchers and filing them properly based on the EPDO filing system.
- Monitor advance transactions and liquidations and record them in quick book as well as reconcile advances with QuickBooks records.
- Ensure the internal procedures on financial transactions are defined and followed, especially those for approval/signing rights, transaction limits (financial or technical), and safe-keeping of cash in hand.
- Daily entry of data into QuickBooks according to operational budget and donor-funded project, generating reports, maintaining files according to quick book.
- Training of the assistant on QuickBooks.
- Make back up of QuickBooks daily and keep it in a separate safe place.
- Preparing annual financial report for EPD.
- Adopt proactive actions for the annual audit of EPD.
- Preparing annual and provincial budgets and assisting the director in the preparation of budgets for the projects.
- Prepare budget tracking and forecasting.
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
- BBA degree (MBA is preferred)
- Having CAT / CIA is highly preferred
- 4 years of proven experience in the financial management of NGO / INGO
- Proven experience in internal control
- Experience in preparing financial reports for donors
- Experience in preparing an organization’s Annual Audit report
Interested candidates especially females are encouraged to submit their application letter along with a CV (not more than 3 pages) with the subject line ‘EPDO Senior Finance Officer- EPDO-FIN-167’ by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.