- Salary Offer As Per Organization
- Years of Experience 3 ,year work experience in relevant position with the National and international org
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 58 Months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference ASLO-KBL-07-24
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s in accounting/Finance is required. Additional certification and trainings on Accounting and Finance will give the candidate an edge
- close Date November 30, 2022
About ASLO-Nationl NGO:
ASLO is an Afghan non-governmental, non-political, non-profit and non-partisan organization and has the status of legal entity. The organization was informally established in 2012 and was officially registered with the ministry of economy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in 2013.
ASLO is Currently working in the Following sectors in Afghanistan:
• Humanitarian aid
• Agriculture and livestock.
- Wash and Sanitation
• Health& nutrition
• Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
• Rural development and social protection.
- Child protection
• Research and Survey project performance and evaluation, training and capacity development,
• Gender equality/equity.
• Food security
• Emergency response and supporting refugees and IDPs and returnees,
• Legal Aid and access to justice.
The Finance Officer establishes and maintains efficient administrative systems and control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with administrative, human resources and financial rules and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day human resource, financial and administrative functions of the project personnel. Ensure compliance with financial internal controls, and ensure that transactions are processed and assets managed in accordance with ASLO Financial Rules and Regulations
- . Banking and Cash Management: Managing bank accounts and related records, cash disbursements, cash receipts, cash count. Reports to Donor on status of accounts.
- Financial Reporting: Preparing monthly and quarterly reports including budget variance reports, trial balance, cash flow reports, sales receipts and banking reconciliation and balance sheets.
- Accounting Procedures: Managing accounts payable, and accounts receivable summaries, journal entries for adjustment to the general ledger, chart of accounts and financial coding structure
- Payroll: Managing monthly payroll process and keeping payroll records.
- Lead the development, monitoring, and review of project budgets; review monthly financial analysis and budget and expense reports to determine reasonableness of variances and take appropriate actions, as required.
- Provide financial reports, including pipeline analysis, quarterly project reports, as requested by the donor.
- Oversee day-to-day coordination of financial activities ensuring cost efficiency.
- Maintain and administer an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system (Cashbook) required to assure the integrity and effective performance of financial operations and prepare monthly reports.
- Facilitate the work of external audits and audits and ensure that financial records are properly maintained and readily available during audits
- Direct and oversee the monitoring and annual auditing of cost-share requirements, tracking and reporting.
- Contribute to developing work plans and annual budgets for project activities and local office costs
- Organizing and preparing the Employees files, Employees Contracts, and documents.
- Maintain financial records such as expenditures, travel arrangements, purchases and delivery equipment has supplies and inventory.
- Keep records of all finance related documents.
- Prepare cash received voucher, cash payment voucher, Checking. Make daily cash reconciliation).
- Process payment requests of the project and operation cost.
- Ensure project/program cost are according to approved budget lines
- Keep soft and hard copies of financial records.
- Ensure purchasing procedures are followed for purchasing items need larger amount of cash.
- Ensure all bills, vouchers and any other documents related to finance has been signed and approved dated properly.
- Prepare monthly salary payroll, timesheet, and request for cash accordingly.
- Facilitate the purchase of daily items and equipment for different sections.
- Participate in the Admin/Finance related meetings and donor meeting.
- Overall control on the budget line allocated for office and spends accordingly.
- Conducting regular meetings with subordinates and sending its minutes to main office within time frame.
- To take the quality into serious consideration while purchasing equipment/Material.
- Assist in financial management; including management of cash flows in accordance with donor/ organization approved policies and procedures.
- Assist in managing funds of ASLO in the most efficient and controlled manner.
- Correspondence with Donor Agencies and others on finance related matters and issues of ASLO.
- Assist in ensuring timely and reliable preparation of monthly financial reports of ASLO as and when desired.
- Carryout bank reconciliations of all bank account; provide fund status updates on monthly basis
- Any other tasks assigned by the Director of ASLO.
- Manages and reconciles the petty cash/operational Advance in the field office for minor expenses
- budget Administration. Overseeing the annual budget and financial plan preparation, tracking budget execution.
- Develop the HR System and prepare the Job announcement for the need position on the organization.
- To ensure the CVs are received and put in a folder properly and handed over to the relevant section head for short listing and further process.
- To work on Oracle and other HR online system to review the recruitment process.
- To work on updating HRMIS report on monthly bases.
- To act as an administrator on the written tests of applicants and to participate in the interviews
- Monthly reporting to Support Office related to Administration and HR activities and when required
- Conduct reference checks for job candidates
- Proper record keeping of recruitment files
- To maintain and ensure HR Database are updated and information related to staff are collected properly on time
- To maintain and update employee Personnel Files regularly and ensure Personal File requirements are met properly
- To ensure that recruitment files, staff attendance, timesheets, and payrolls on monthly basis prepared, checked, and filed properly
- Arrange induction training for newly hired staff
- Prepare the annul appraisal for the organization staff
- Prepare the contract of for newly hired staff,
- Work with the Admine and finance for the related task.
- Communicate with the sub-office for collection of the HR Data.
- Prepare the job announcement and post on the web site jobs and social media.
Graduate /Post Graduate Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, or related field OR degree in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting or finance
- Excellent command on local languages plus English;
- Excellent organizational and personal skills
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- demonstrate sound work ethics
Interested and qualified candidates should send his/her updated CV with an application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org please mention vacancy number, title and province of the position in the subject line otherwise your application will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidate who meets the requirement will be shortlisted.