- Salary Offer Salaries and benefits are according to internal SCA salary scale
- Address Taloqan with all districts
- Years of Experience • Minim 3 to 4 years relevant experiences in education program, preferably in NGOs.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Fixed term (with possible extention)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM-TRMO 285-22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • Graduated Education Faculty/University.
- close Date December 1, 2022
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
Scope of work:
Education Project Sr. Officer is the core member of the Education Unit at Regional Management Office (RMO) level. The Education Project Sr. Officer is responsible for providing the opportunity for inclusive education for all school age children with a deeply focus on girl education through a smoothly implementation of education project in Takhar province.
He or she should provide the required supports and instructions to the supported school’s teachers, children and school management shuras in line with SCA policies, directives and guidelines by capacitating of school’s teachers, engaging of school management shuras and parents on important of education in project intervention. He or she should spend 30 to 40 of his or her time on the field to support school’s teachers and school children in target schools by capacitating project target beneficiaries including school’s teachers, school management shuras and parents etc… He or she needs to closely work with respective Hub schools and education project field team in project intervention areas, to conduct assessment on school needs, provides the required monitoring and supervision from target schools, attend to the meetings and represent SCA education program in target districts, report from the project progression and keep in record all files and project documents.
He or she will assist the Education project manager in planning, budgeting, and reporting and post holder provides the required technical supports to the project target beneficiary and collects accurate data from the field.
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA and SCA education directives
- Keep updated with issues related to SCA and the environment where SCA operates
- Promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on quality
- Develop good co-operation with SCA units, authorities, institutions and other NGOs
- Actively contribute to the successful development and good reputation of the SCA
- Assist the EPM in preparation of work plan and budget
- Promote gender equality, non-discrimination with regard to ethnic, political and religious background
- Coordinate the activities of SCs with respect to community mobilisation and support to schools.
- Frequently supervise education activities in the field, at least 30% of time should be in the field
- Prepare and manage the work plan and budget for community mobilisation and support services to schools.
- Accompany Engineering teams in feasibility studies of planned infrastructure services to schools (school construction and repairing)
- In coordination with logistic units at the POs, make sure that materials, textbooks and stationery are properly supplied to all SCA supported schools
- Develop the training curriculum and conduct training for SCs in community mobilisation, participatory project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Assist SCA supported Models Schools in developing and implementation of the school development plans.
- Support the SCs in strengthening the Community Education Councils (CEC) and School Management Committees (SMC)
- Wherever feasible, promote the participation of mothers in CECs and SMSs
- Assist certain key members of the community to conduct awareness campaigns for the purpose of promoting children’s especially girls’ enrolment and retention in schools
- Receive, evaluate and analyse reports of the SCs related to support services to schools and community mobilisation and give them constructive feedback
- To assist the EPM in the budget preparations, follow up, revisions and to secure accountable practices according to financial regulations.
- Participate in workshops, seminars & conferences organised by the Education Programme in KMO and/or PO
- Maintain good cooperative relations with the national and provincial authorities, UN agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders
- Liaise with other education actors and the local education authorities with respect to the support services to schools and community mobilization
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduated Education Faculty/University.
- Minim 3 to 4 years relevant experiences in education program, preferably in NGOs.
- Proper ability to works in remote communities / schools in intervention districts of Takhar Province.
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring, schools’ supervision/teaching observation and teacher’s capacity building and data management.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken and familiar/understand Dari and Pashto Languages.
- Computer skills at operator level, particular with MS Office package including Excel and Power point.
- To have the required ability and commitment to travel in remote areas in target district/schools to ensure provision high-quality trainings/workshops to target groups.
- To have a strongly analytical skills and ability on data collection/analysis and have interpersonal and communication skills.
- To have the required knowledge and experience on planning, reporting, budgeting and experienced in school monitoring and supervision.
- To understand the NGOs rules and regulations and interested to working on the fields, particular in hard-to-reach areas/schools.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience and send your application / CV to the below link:
Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test and/or interview.
Applications after announcement closing date or Application in hard copy will not be accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.
N/A• Minim 3 to 4 years relevant experiences in education program, preferably in NGOs.