- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 2 - 5 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Not specified
- Contract Type Not Specified
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference FMFB-HR-0054-2023
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree
- close Date May 29, 2023
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan.
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) – an independent network of the banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values- based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients – including the borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
Providing the vision and development of credit risk function, staff and supporting tools. Ensuring good governance and ongoing management of credit risk across the bank’s operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides the vision and development of credit risk function, staff and supporting tools.
- Provides independent verification of Medium and Corporate businesses application through visits to the business.
- Assists Credit Risk Manager on managing the network of Branch Risk Officers, with assigning tasks and goals, and analyses their performance through periodic reporting. Supports the development of Branch Risk Officers.
- Reviews critically the credit cases presented by Credit Department to ensure the bank’s credit policies are adhered to, and any exceptions are clearly justified.
- Perform detailed quantitative and qualitative credit analyses of FMFB’A SME & Corporate lending and traded products clients.
- Review internal credit rating models to measure the riskiness of a client and transaction.
- Prepare comparisons of peer companies across an industry to ensure rating consistency and support rating conclusions.
- Review transaction terms for compliance with Credit Standards and Risk Acceptance Criteria, assess appropriateness of any deviations from standards.
- Confirm requested loan amounts are within established single name and portfolio limits.
- Assist in authoring loan approval memos and presenting recommendations to Credit Risk Manager and Chief Risk Officer for approval.
- Perform additional ad-hoc assignments upon request.
- Monthly report on of credit file reviewed, recommended for Credit Committee and disbursed files.
- Documenting of material errors identified in the credit cases presented by the Branch Risk Officers and Credit Staff.
- Analysis of SME delinquency cases and lessons learned for enhancement of policies and processes related to risk management.
- Reporting on the identified gaps and/or improvement opportunities in policies and processes related to SME & Corporate risk management and portfolio status.
- Proactive communication of any issues that may arise from credit analyses.
- Review the monthly dashboard focusing on SME & Corporate portfolio, draws conclusions and recommendations from the analyses in the risk dashboard and share it with the Credit Risk Manager / Chief Risk Officer.
- Provides input to root causes analyses of SME & Corporate PAR by branch / region / product / borrowers’ class and any other parameters as may be required.
- Monitor, manage, and report exposures at a client, product and portfolio level and recommending remediating action.
The position requires bachelor degree in business administration, economic with over 2 years of relevant work experience e.g. in SME/Corporate lending or SME/corporate credit risk assessment; preference will be given to candidates with experience in credit risk assessment. Risk management certificates shall be appreciated.
The ideal job holder shall possess
- Good knowledge of the financial analysis’s principles and indexes.
- Good knowledge (or willingness to learn) of the DAB and Basle Committee rules and regulations pertaining to prudential risk management.
- Good knowledge of the bank’s policies, and a critical approach to improve them.
- Good knowledge of SME & Corporate lending / credit assessment.
- Good team managing and leading skill.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Very Good computer skills, especially Excel.
- Advanced English in both spoken and written.
- Excellent analytical thinking and attention to details.
- Can-do attitude, with problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Independent mindset, able to draw conclusions and communicate his/her concerns in a clear and concise manner to the management.
- Quick learner who can rapidly master all aspects of the job with limited supervision and training.
- Good organizer with self-planning and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and reporting / presentation skills.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email at (email@example.com).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID as the subject line.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.
For more information, Please refer to FMFB-A web site: https://fmfb.com.af/careers.