- Salary Offer As per NTA Salary Scale - Grade F
- Years of Experience Minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience in a professional cook position for foreign staff.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 Year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference R2204
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Secondary School Certificate of Education required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- close Date August 10, 2022
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health:
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
The objective of the Senior Cook position will be to prepare menus for lunch and lunch every day in the office for approximately 130 staff and oversee assistant cook.
- Prepare monthly meal plan
- Prepare ingredient order for the month, divided by weekly deliveries
- Oversee assistant cook.
- Prepare ingredients for meals such as : wash vegetables, chop season vegetables & meat, etc.
- Maintain kitchen appliances so that they are clean and operating properly.
- Follow food health and safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Store all food properly.
- Keep record and reorder stock and food supplies.
- Alert operations manager in a timely manner if there are any unplanned shortages.
- After lunch is served, clean kitchen and all dishes and any other preparations for the next day.
- Secondary School Certificate of Education required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a professional cook position for foreign staff.
- Experience working in an environment similar or closely related to iNGO type of work.
- Knowledge of food health and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of recipes and the ability to follow recipe instructions.
- Ability to operate a grill, oven and fryer and prepare meals for large numbers of staff
- Inventory management and recordkeeping
- Good ethical conduct
- Medically fit
- No criminal record
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
Interested candidates should apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.