- Salary Offer As per NTA Salary Scale
- Experience • At least 7 years of expereince in procurement an
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 12 Months Extendable
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference MCIT/Digital CASA/PIU/IC-16
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date June 19, 2021
- Education engineering, Economics, Law and Computer Science
About Ministry of communication and IT:
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received Project Preparatory Grant/Fund from the World Bank to prepare for
execution of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to hire a
qualified Individual Consultant (an Afghan National) to work as Senior Procurement Specialist of the Project and to carry out relevant procurement capacity building in MCIT.
This Consultancy support will be provided to MCIT at Kabul, under the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project.
The aim of the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project is: (i) to strengthen the Regional and expand National level broadband connectivity based on Optical Fiber Networks; (ii) to boost up digital society and economy through e-Governance initiatives and (iii) to prepare an enabling environment and Regulation for the growth of ICT Sector in Afghanistan. The project will do so by: (a) strengthening of broadband connectivity in the region; (b) expansion and strengthening of national broadband connectivity in Afghanistan; (c) Commissioning of a Network called “Govnet” to connect some of the Government Offices at Central and Provincial Government levels; (d) Automation of citizen-centric services through e-Governance initiatives; (e) Automation of e-Governance mechanisms and strengthening of e-Delivery Platforms; (f) framing up of Regulations, Policies, Strategies and Policies for growth of ICT Sector.
To contribute towards achievement of some of the above mentioned objectives of Digital CASA
Afghanistan Project, MCIT has decided to avail the consultancy services of an Individual Consultant (an Afghan National) to work as Senior Procurement Specialist. This Consultancy Support is essentially required to assist the existing PIU of Digital CASA Project in carrying out procurements for the Procurement packages under Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and make sure that all procurement is carried out in accordance with World Bank procurement guidelines/regulations.
Objectives of the Consultancy Assignment:
The objectives of this assignment are to support the PIU and the PICU with all types of contracts management agreements procurements activities under the Digital CASA Project and other programs being undertaken by MCIT.
The consultant will work under the guidance of the Project Director of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and coordinate with other staff in Procurement Department and other Departments of MCIT. He will be accountable for ensuring that all the types of contracts under Digital CASA Afghanistan Project are done in accordance with the procurement procedures agreed upon between the World Bank and the Government of Afghanistan, in an efficient and transparent manner. The consultant will also provide procurement advice and support to the Procurement department of MCIT whenever required and assigned by the PIU Director.
Scope of Work and Tasks:
Selected Consultant will execute the following tasks:
- Advise Director of PIU and the PICU of Digital CASA Project on the project Contracts management and procurement issues as related to Digital CASA Afghanistan Project(called Project);
- Support the PIU by being responsible for:
- Preparation, reviewing and updating procurement plan for the project and procurement monitoring plan for the project;
- Following up on contracts with concerned government departments and the World Bank and follow up on the projects contracts regularly.
- The SCMS serves as single point of contact for all official communications with contractors and shall draft/review.
- The SCMS is responsible to for draft, send, receive, and archive all official correspondence with contractors.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken and the contractor’s request is responded to in a timely manner.
- Track deadlines for submission of contractor reports/Invoices and to ensure reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Coordinate relevant departments to review quality and content of contractor reports for compliance with MCIT require departments and request additional information if needed.
- Establish timetable for contractor report submission and communication.
- Keep track of all contract activities and make sure that all the consultants, suppliers and contractors are paid as per the payment schedule set in the contract.
- Develop a tracker for all contracts and inform the Project Director of any deviation, amendment and changes in advance.
- Coordinate with, providing necessary training or assistance to other Departments of MCIT on procurements and Contract Management.
- Review of Request for amendment, preparation of Cost, Time any other amendments, communicate the justification for the amendments with relevant Approving Authorities.
- Assist in the preparation of PPSD and other strategic documents for Digital CASA Afghanistan Project.
- Assist in the Preparing, reviewing and clearing commercial aspects of bidding documents/RFPs, bid evaluation, short-listing, technical and financial evaluations for all procurement activities required under the project;
- Provide on the job training to civil servants.
- Carryout any other task assigned by Project Director of Digital CASA Project.
A minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering, Economics, Law, Computer Science, or any other
- At least 7 years of expereince in procurement and contract management e; 3 years of which shall be in Contract management role with public sector atleast in specialist role with the donor funded project or international development agencies.
- Experience and knowledge of IT sector is an advantage.
- Previous experience in Donor funded projects is an advantage;
- A good knowledge of Afghanistan public procurement law and guidelines, and World Bank Standard Procurement Regulations;
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, Brochures, Description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions and availability of appropriate skills etc.).
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January, 2011 edition).
Expresions of interest (Cover Letter and a detailed Resume) must be submitted by 19th of June, 2021, 16.00 Kabul time to email@example.com
Please write the name of this vacancy (SENIOR CONTRACT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST) in the subject-line of your email.
Applications sent later than the indicated date/time will not be considered.