- Salary Offer As Per the Salary Scale of the SCA
- Experience 4 years’ experience
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Open-Ended
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference HRM/KMO 047-21
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date December 8, 2021
- Education Bachelors’ degree in Social Sciences or related field. MBA is preferred
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is over 6,000. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Capacity Development Senior Officer is responsible for contributing to capacity development of all SCA’s target groups among civil society and local authorities in Afghanistan and the field staff working with these target groups. The post holder works in close collaboration with the Deputy Head of the Unit at KMO and the Capacity development facilitators at RMOs and supports all Programme units.
- Ensure effective capacity development of all SCA’s target groups, with specific focus on organisational development (vision and mission, governance, leadership and management, human resource management, stakeholder relations, communications and advocacy, mobilization, technology utilization and others).
- Work in close collaboration with and mentor SCA’s staff members at KMO and RMOs, including give support to planning, to ensure that adequate capacity is developed among target groups.
- Develop SOPs methods and tools for organisational development of target groups and ensure that these are used correctly by SCA’s staff members at KMO and RMOs that work with the target groups.
- Organise and conduct competence development activities for SCA’s staff members so that they can use the guidelines, tools, methods, and materials for capacity development of target groups.
- Monitor performance of SCA staff members at KMO and RMOs that work with capacity development and take action to increase their knowledge and skills through training or mentoring.
- In collaboration with relevant SCA Program staff primarily at RMOs, organise and conduct organisational assessments and capacity development interventions with target groups.
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, learning and internal and external reporting related to capacity development.
- Promote gender equality and non-discrimination in SCA’s with capacity development of target groups.
- Keeping database of capacity development up to date.
- Provide translation of capacity development documents into Dari and/or Pashto when needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree in Social Sciences or related field. MBA is preferred.
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari, and English, both written and spoken
- Professional Training Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A team worker and troubleshooting skills
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
- Open to Afghan nationals only
4 years’ experience, especially in capacity development of civil society and/or local authorities in an international NGO or similar organization. Ability to develop SOPs, Manuals and facilitate trainings and coach partner organizations.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV through Link Below:
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline is not accepted.