- Salary Offer 858 - 859 USD monthly
- Experience 5 - 7 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Open Ended
- Contract Type Permanent
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference PS-006/2021
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date August 1, 2021
We are a non-political, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian and developmental organization working to improve the lives of the Afghan people since 1984. We address the acute needs of the most vulnerable and support early recovery and sustainable development for all Afghans. We align our work to the specific needs and priorities of the Afghan communities.
The Senior Business Development Officer (SBDO) is responsible for business development activities in DACAARrelevant regions. Primary duties include identifying business opportunities, building and maintaining successful relationships between the farmer’s producer associations, women’s producer associations,WRCs’and clients, collaborating with executives on business strategy to determine objectives, evaluating, mentoring, and coaching current businesses performance and maximizing business reach and potential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work with program/ operation team and other relevant staff to conceptualize and design business development strategies for new project activities and/or amendments to current projects.
· Facilitate or support DACAAR various projects planned activities implementations’ in business development areas while it is required.
· Work with the business groups (PAs’ and WRCs’), in terms of their products development through proper value chain process and do marketing based on market current requirement.
· Build a strong market linkage network in-between current established enterprises (PAs’ and WRCs’)and potential clients (both internal and external relevant businesses industries) and negotiate partnership arrangements and budgets; coordinate teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding with close coordination of program/operation team.
· Identify training needs and develop and deliver training modules tailored to the needs of field-based project beneficiaries and relevant staff; develop training manuals, templates, guides and other tools with close coordination o project manager.
· Maintain accurate information in database and assist with conducting analysis of the businesses, Maintain accurate and timely electronic files and evidences.
· Coordinate with program/ operation, grants and finance for budget review in terms of business development activities in any project to make sure the points are considered and well- budgeted for further smooth project implementation.
· Regular follow up on the established businesses and report on the income of the established businesses to compare income and expenditure.
· Build capacity of various project beneficiaries’ and DACAAR relevant staff, in creating market linkages for their income generating activities.
· Undergo ongoing coaching from the Project Manager in both practical and analytical aspects of the work.
· Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets (domestic and international), growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships – or new ways of reaching existing markets for (PAs’ and WRCs’).
· Assist the producer’s associations and WRCs’ to ensure that the quality of products addressingthe clients’ objectives.
· Conduct / facilitate organic farming training.
· Advice the farmers, members of the saffron and women’s producer’s associationshow to keep long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
· Arranging business meetings between the producer’s associations, WRCs’ and clients while needed.
· Keep records of sales and income.
· Attend both internal and external coordination meetings relevant to the project activities and keep record of the meeting minutes for further follow-up of the action points.
· The holder of this position must strictly follows the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
· Carry out any other relevant task given by the superior.
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Bachelor degree in Economics, Business Administration is required but, master degree is preferable
Experience: At least 5 five years relevant work experience in Business area, business development and conducting business and enterprise trainings
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
- Having excellent business and enterprise development skills and innovative mind
- Skill of strategically-seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the businesses
- Good understanding of the existing business laws in the country and be able to advise other about them
· Quality training facilitation and presentations skills
· Experience working with Consultancies, governmental and non-governmental organizations in Afghanistan.
· Ability to plan and organize own work, deliver results and meet deadlines.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Languages: Pashto, Dari, English language Fluency in oral and written
· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
· Pick and drop Allowance AFN (1500)/ month
Kabul Main Office, with regular travel to rural areas in Afghanistan
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to email@example.com or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org