- Salary Offer according to SCA salary
- Years of Experience A bachelor’s degree, preferably a master’s degree in the field of Business administration, public administration, Epidemiology, Economics, Management and Social Science or other related fields relevant to the above duties is required.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration project based
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/KMO 155 -22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education A Minimum of four years of demonstrated experience in related work i.e in monitoring and evaluation of program implementation and results based approach.
- close Date December 6, 2022
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is slightly over 7,386.During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of PMER, the SAEO is responsible for ensuring that routine tasks in the Unit regarding the capacity development of projects and programs for effective evaluation, the coordination and management of external evaluations and studies, and selective Programme Quality Monitoring of SCA projects, are carried out. This includes the technical support and oversight of Senior M&E officers in the Unit. In addition, the SAEO will work closely with the Deputy Head of PMER in designing and establishing an effective and efficient organizational Evaluation system.
Under the overall supervision of Deputy Head of PMERU and coordination of the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Senior Assessment and Evaluation Officer shall be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Design and developed Capacity building trainings Material in Research, Assessment and evaluation.
- Organize workshops, seminars and other participative fora for increasing organizational and staff capacity in the field of research and evaluation.
- Implementation of SCA Evaluation policy in close coordination with Deputy Head of PMER.
- Assist programmes and projects in developing result frameworks and preparation of external and internal evaluation plan.
- Provide technical support to programmes on data collection tools designing and translating them to the local languages (Pashto and Dari).
- Coordinate the internal and external evaluations and assessments with consultancy and SCA management.
- Follow up with SCA Management staff on the management responses to recommendations of evaluations and assessments.
- Summarize the completed evaluations reports and ensure its dissemination.
- Support and assist M&E senior officer in analysing the data of Programme Quality Monitoring, to timely produce quality report.
- Facilitate organizational learning through documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt.
- Facilitate the design, implementation and management of project evaluations, reviews and studies providing.
- Coordinate the implementation of evaluations as a member of evaluation steering committees as required by Programme Department/Units.
- Willingness to visit the field regularly and provide good quality report.
- Provide regular technical support to the M&E focal points working in SCA’s Regional offices
- Support assessment and evaluation exercises in projects and field offices.
- Update Evaluation tracking sheets on monthly basis.
- Ensure quality of data for assessments and evaluations that is coming from field to PMERU.
- Any other relevant task given by the Deputy Head of PMER.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably a master’s degree in the field of Business administration, public administration, Epidemiology, Economics, Management and Social Science or other related fields relevant to the above duties is required.
- A Minimum of four years of demonstrated experience in related work i.e in monitoring and evaluation of program implementation and results based approach.
- Previous experience working with any national or international NGO or UN agency, and knowledge of research and evaluation procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for communication or Project Management System
- Previous experience in facilitating workshop/capacity-building training on data management, quality assurance standards, technical skills; project logframe development, result-based management, monitoring and evaluation
- Reporting, and analytical skills using participatory tools and methodologies for monitoring and evaluation, the ability to draw relevant conclusions, and learning points
- Fluent English written communication skills; fluency in Dari/Pashto is required
- Commitment to the mission and the core values of Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Willing to travel in all SCA coverage areas and ability to prioritize and coordinate work tasks
- To be an Afghan Citizen
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV through APPLY below link.
- Academic certificates or references need not be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline are not accepted.
- SCA is committed to ethical standards and a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
- Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.