- Salary Offer NTA Grade B
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date April 17, 2021
About Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission :
Job Title: Senior Adult Learning & Curriculum Development Specialist
Grade: NTA Grade B
Ministry / Agency: IARCSC
Job Location: Kabul
Number of Jobs: One Position
Report To: Director General, Civil Services Institute
Duration of Contract: One Year with possibility of extension
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is: To lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”.
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The Senior Adult Learning and Curriculum Development Specialist as member of CSI’s Change Management Team (CMT), will work under direct supervision of General Director to support developing a comprehensive training curriculum for CSI. The incumbent is required to build relevant staff capacity in training management. The SDS will work in close cooperation with Curriculum Development and Civil Service Training departments to develop, boost, maintain and assist with the implementation of effective capacity development programs for civil servants.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Lead the process of developing a 3 years Capacity Development Program (CDP) for Afghanistan civil servants.
- Develop and update training curriculum for capacity development program
- Support trainers in developing training modules and educational materials
- Expand and develop cooperation with potential partners inside and outside the country on Trainings and joint capacity development initiatives
- Design ToT programs for ACSI’s trainers
- Work closely with need assessment units to improve training need assessment procedures, manuals and tools.
- Take part in developing training procedures, rules and guidelines
- Develop a coordination mechanism with other stakeholder
- Define a process for linguistic analysis and field testing of content to ensure that they are culturally and linguistically relevant, that they are designed to enhance civil service learning outcomes
- Write project proposals related to curriculum and instructional matters.
- Create an enabling environment, strengthening the skills of staff for the planning and delivery of educational services with an emphasis on inclusive training programs
- Work with General Director and related teams to ensure curriculum and modules are aligned with local, national and international standards
- Any other tasks related to education, curriculum development, training and capacity building assigned by General Director.
- Must have experience in curriculum design, education management, institutional strengthening and operating at senior levels;
- Experience in conducting ToTs
- Experience of navigating complex structures
- Experience in training and capacity building of high-level officials
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills,
- Flexibility and experience of working with a team and across different levels
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Having a Master’s Degree with (5) years of relevant experience in Education, organizational development, Economics, public policy, Business Administration or relevant fields;
- Bachelor degree in the above mentioned fields with at least 7 years relevant working experience;
- S/He should have good knowledge in organization development and human resources development;
- Fluency in English and ability to communicate in Dari/Pashtu is required.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who meet minimum requirements for this post are requested to please
Send their applications with curriculum vitae to the following email addresses: