- Years of Experience 2-3 years of working experience as a Security Guard with International/Humanitarian NGOs
- Number of Vacancies: 6
- Contract Duration Regular
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Jhp-UHI-315
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education High School graduate
- close Date November 27, 2022
Program Description: The USAID funded Urban Health Initiative (UHI) Program’s goal is to improve health outcomes of people living in urban areas, particularly focusing on the health of women and children and other vulnerable populations. Interventions aim to increase demand, access and quality of health services. Lead by Jhpiego and implemented by a dynamic consortium of organizations, UHI is implemented in five cities in Afghanistan – Kabul, Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad and Kandahar.
- Adhere to Jhpiego-UHI policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Perform according to the work and development plan.
- Looks for the security of the office, guest house, warehouse, vehicles parking building, and staff in the office.
- Search all UHI staff members and visitors as described in the guidelines.
- Keeps all the windows and doors locked when the staff members leave the office.
- Ensure that you do not let in a stranger without permission from a supervisor, always ID check visitors and the purpose of their visit.
- Make regular patrolling of the compound and outdoor areas after every 10 minutes.
- Look out for signs of unauthorized intruders or suspicious persons, objects, etc.
- While receiving the letter and any other issues must first check with the supervisor and ensure to submit to the related person accordingly
- Do not leave your post without having been properly relieved by your replacement or given permission by your supervisor.
- Always brief your replacement about events on your shift and Submit/receive the mobile phone, radio, etc. while changing the shift.
- Ensure that you check gutters, cracks, and out-of-view places when you patrol the inside and outside of the perimeter every hour.
- Ensure all rubbish is cleared away from the front of your and the neighbor(s) compound.
- Ensure that no vehicles are parked in front of the compound. If you cannot identify the driver, find him. If you cannot find him alert your supervisor.
- Ensure that each item going out has an authorized/approved gate pass form
- If you find an explosive device or suspect object do not touch it, move at least 100 meters away behind solid cover, and alert security forces.
- Delivery trucks may not enter the compound without authorization from your supervisor.
- The door and gate must be locked at all times. Never leave the door open and unattended.
- Be aware of what is happening outside. Whenever you open the door for someone, take a moment to see if anyone is observing the house.
- Keep the VHF handset charged. Immediate report to the supervisor in case of any problem with the handset.
- During the night one guard must be awake at all times.
- Sleep during working hours is highly prohibited and will cause the immediate termination of your employment
- The mobile phone is for emergency use only. Do not take it out of the compound, or use it for personal purposes.
- At guest houses during emergencies always call for help either using the mobile phone, shout and seek help from neighboring houses, alert people inside the house and notify your supervisor to call the police and office guards.
- Turn On and turn Off of generator on a proper schedule prepared by the office.
- Put on/off the compound lights in the evening/morning and ensure the functionality
- Refueling the generator and recording the fuel consumption on the generator log book.
- Assist in the loading/unloading of materials and equipment as requested.
- Be aware of Fire Drills and the location of fire extinguishers.
Generic Professional Competencies:
High School graduate.
2-3 years of working experience as a Security Guard with International/Humanitarian NGOs Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
Being able to speak well in both local languages (Dari & Pashto) and English is a plus point. Security awareness
Behavioral Competencies: Handling insecure environment Empowering and building trust
Communicating with impact and respect
Submission Guideline: Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, meal allowance, transportation allowance, medical allowance, pension (13th month) salary and more. Please send your CV to Recruitment-AF@jhpiego.org. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Note: Please mention the job title and vacancy number of the position on your email subject line otherwise your application may not be considered . The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer!