- Experience Two year experience of previously working in the similar position with international NGOs
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Type Not specified
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 210007K0
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 19, 2021
- Education Graduated from high school, good level of speaking and writing English
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI – Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
The main purpose of this job is to ensure security guards posted at SCI facilities are well managed. and safety and security of the facilities are ensured by maintaining effective access control system of both office and guesthouse compounds by professionally supervising the security guards that they remain alert at all time and perform their duties at best possible way .
- Line manages SC Afghanistan Kunduz based guards to ensure that they perform their duties and responsibilities according to SCI policy and procedure.
- Check and monitor all the incoming and outgoing movements of vehicles, people (staff and visitors) in all SCI facilities- office and Guesthouses and report any abnormalities to Senior Safety & Security Manager, Coordinator and Officer.
- Immediately report any incidents such as theft, fire, terrorist activity or other suspected behaviours to the Senior Safety and Security Manager.
- Prepare the monthly duty schedule, leave schedule and overtime payment sheets for security guards.
- Orient and train new security guards on his/her duties as well as SCI Security protocol and procedures.
- Perform spot-check during the nights to ensure night-duty guards perform their duties- and remain a weak at nights.
- Ensure emergency contact numbers are shared with security guards
- Orient Security Guards on evacuation/hibernation plans and their roles.
- Make sure the guards are aware of location of security alarms, fire fighting equipments and are trained on the usage of fire extinguishers.
- Ensure CCTV cameras are maintained and monitored by security guards.
- Conduct regular inspections that SCI compounds and assets are safe from fire, theft, vandalism, terrorism, and illegal activity.
- Report any inappropriate behaviour/failure of security guards to Safety and security team for further actions.
- Escort international staff from the airport to the office.
- Weekly conduct physical check of the office and rental vehicles to ensure the vehicles are well maintained.
- Regularly check functionality of radios, CCTV, gates, electronic locks.
- Check and update fire extinguishers, safe room emergency supplies and first aid kits.
- Raise PRs for equipment needed for security guard and guard room.
- In the event of emergency contact drivers and staff out of the office and facilitate the process of conducting staff headcount.
- Perform any others task that requested by the line manager.
Skills and Behaviours: SCI Values in Practice
- Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to SC Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
- Lead, manage and motivate a team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
- Other duties as directed.
(Obviously this needs to only include duties that could be reasonably expected to be carried out by someone with the skills, experience and seniority associated with the job in question).
- Graduated from high school, good level of speaking and writing English.
- Two year experience of previously working in the similar position with international NGOs.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to operate and use communication equipments
- Good training skill
- Good communication skill.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency, the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health &Safety and Security
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud
The post holder is required to comply with these key policies, and other organisational policies and procedures, at all times.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.