- Salary Offer PS-B1, USD (495) including Government Tax,
- Experience At least (3) three years of relevant experience in security/ Safety in international NGOs is required.
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Permanent
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference PS-005/2021
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date July 31, 2021
- Education University degree (Military education background is preferred)
DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
Provision of the Safety & Security support to DACAAR staff in the region, Coordination on all Security related issues with UNDSS, ANSO, NGOs and local authorities. Regular supervision of guards, ensure that guards are constantly trained in all relevant field offices to understand their duties.
- To regularly update written safety plans and tools per DACAAR safety manual, this is to include threat assessment, standard procedures (personal movement & transport, telecommunication, incident report, etc) physical security, contingency plans with the close collaboration of Regional Manager and Main Office Safety Team.
- Update security information, monitoring database and produce weekly reports and more frequently if required, the report should summarize key incidents, analyze trends and provide detailed recommendation for follow up.
- Close monitoring of the security and political situation in the Region and inform the Regional Manager & Main Office Safety Team accordingly.
- To ensure that the security briefing of newcomers takes place in the appropriate time.
- To ensure on-time disseminating security incidents and advisories to the staff in the Region when in hand.
- Visiting of all field offices on frequent bases and provide safety & security advice as needed.
- Represent DACAAR and coordinate amongst all actors (government, UN, NGO, military, etc) in the Region on all security related issues.
- Regular meeting with regional managers, field officers to discuss safety and security issues in the region.
- To ensure the medicines in the first aid kit are constantly updated and fire extinguishers are functioning properly in northwest region offices.
- To ensure that all guards in the relevant offices are performing their tasks according to the given job descriptions and guidelines.
- Preparation of the guard’s duty timetable on monthly basis.
- To ensure all the newly recruited guards received the basic training of the mirror check, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Conduct safety & Security related training.
- The holder of this position must strictly follow the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
- Any other tasks as required and decided by the Regional Manager.
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: University degree (Military education background is preferred)
Experience: At least (3) three years of relevant experience in security/ Safety in international NGOs is required.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
Ability in team working
Languages: Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English language
- Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
- Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
- 36 days of paid annual leave per year
- 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
- 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
- 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
- 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
- 15 days of public holidays per year
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to email@example.com or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
- Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
- Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
- DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/, acbar website www.acbar.org/; jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
- Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
- The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan