- Salary Offer According to INSO salary scale
- Experience 2 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 8 months extendable
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference AFG -KST-06
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date April 20, 2021
- Education Bachelor's degree
About Afghanistan International NGO Safety ORG:
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organization (INSO) is an international charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The Organization has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognized charity and a valuable component of the humanitarian safety coordination system.
Today the Organization provides daily support to more than 930 beneficiary organizations (NGO) in some of the world’s most insecure environments and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO has been registered as a charity in the Netherlands since April 2019 and its global headquarters is now based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO has more than 900 employees globally and is active in 20 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Central Asia.
INSO Southeast region is currently looking for a provincial Field Monitor for Ghazni province. The candidates are required to be resident in the province and possess an understanding of the current situation relevant to NGO and humanitarian safety.
The Safety advisor Assistant will work under the Deputy Safety Advisor (DSA), and will be responsible for assisting the Safety Advisor (SA) in the implementation of all INSO safety and security services as specified in the INSO Scope of Services (SoS) and/or line management policies and procedures.
· Compile and maintain the office’s weekly security incident list
· Prepare weekly maps and graphs to aid with analysis of security trends
· Conduct bespoke research to assist with the office’s analytical products
· Assist the SA in liaising with partner organizations for daily services
· Deputize for the DSA when he is on leave or out of the office
· Verbal and written translation to the SA upon request and where applicable
· Coordinate the issuing of EM-NET announcements under the guidance of the SA
· Maintain and expand contacts with NGO operating in the West region
· Maintain regular/daily communication with FM in the field
· Maintain and routinely current phone list and distribution list of all NGOs operating in the Southeast region.
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The Safety Advisor Assistant will report to and be under the direct supervision of Safety Advisor .
1. Minimum of two years professional work experience and at least 1 year experience working with NGOs (preferably in the field of security).
2. Program and staff coordination/management experience.
3. Excellent spoken and written English.
4. Profound skills in providing analysis based on empirical data.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. Able to read maps and use communications equipment (e.g. VHF radio and satellite phones)
7. Strong computer skills and knowledge of Windows and Office programs—especially MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word, MS Outlook.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications, which should include an updated CV and an individual cover letter outlining the applicant’s suitability for the post (in English or Pashto) along with copies of their certificates to: email@example.com