- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 5 - 7 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 year
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AD#AF 334/23
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree
- close Date March 23, 2023
About BRAC Afghanistan
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
Drive, coordinate, and support the development and implementation of the organization’s safeguarding, gender equality, social inclusion (GESI), and advocacy policies across BRAC Afghanistan at program and operations levels. Also, take the necessary action or measures based on the status of the complaint, which is being reported by different stakeholders. This position also measures and manages cases of harm and abuse to staff, children, the vulnerable, and people who are reported to and by the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead the development and implementation of the organization’s Safeguarding and other relevant policies, including the Code of Conduct for BRAC Afghanistan and its entities.
• Ensure distribution of Safeguarding policies to all level of staff, volunteers and partners and raise awareness about the Safeguarding and other policies and Code of Conduct through training and other suitable ways.
• Work with programs during design and operations to ensure that programmes and operations are preventing (or addressing) situations where vulnerable people may be put at risk of harm.
• Ensure programme participants’ awareness of the organization’s Safeguarding measures and Code of Conduct, as well as their right to protection, including how they would express concerns about their safety or well-being.
• Work with programme managers to establish and ensure community-level complaints mechanisms that facilitate reporting of harm and abuse.
• Review reports regarding harm and abuse, responding in accordance with the organizations’ procedures and offering referral or next step advice.
• Review and analysis of the proposals, reports, and other respective documents to integrate gender-transformative programming;
• Assessment of staff capacity and training needs related to applying the gender lens.
• Producing newsletters, info sheets, videos, etc. if needed for staff and other stakeholders for publishing on Brac blogs.
• Contribute with monitoring team to integrate gender in relevant programs and operations, program quality, and any other respective documents.
• Plan and ensure an effective and qualitative investigation into an incident or case involving harm to staff, children, women, and vulnerable people in the communities.
• Discuss the subsequent action required to ensure the safety and welfare of individual people in cases of harm caused by the organization.
• Monitor and ensure the quarterly reporting on Safeguarding cases and its trends.
• Liaise with BRAC International headquarters for technical support regarding Safeguarding incidents and reporting on the BI Online Safeguarding Register.
• Provide regular reports to senior management on the implementation of Safeguarding measures, maintaining a Safeguarding register to record and track the safeguarding complaints.
• Ensure regular reporting to different forums of BRAC Afghanistan and to different development partners.
• Develop and implement an advocacy strategy that advances BRAC Afghanistan’s influence with the government and other key stakeholders to improve legislation, policy, and strategy in relation to BRAC Afghanistan’s program priorities
• Keep abreast of government affairs and the passage of relevant legislation, as well as the activities of international governments and bodies, identifying opportunities and points of leverage and alerting others where appropriate so they can influence, intervene, or contribute.
• Produce policy and information briefs, draft tools, guidance, and training to help BRAC Afghanistan and their partners to advocate and lobby effectively and support them to engage in constructive dialogue with governments.
• Identify opportunities for BRAC Afghanistan to be represented at relevant forums, events, and conferences – to increase its capacity for effective policy advocacy.
• Ensure that information and strong evidence are readily available to support BRAC Afghanistan’s communications and media strategy, and commission research where appropriate.
• Ensure adherence to the Gender and Social Inclusion Policy and strategic planning to ensure its operation and programs empower women and girls, address their rights and support family life and sustainable communities.
• Advise and support programme teams in BRAC Afghanistan to effectively mainstream and develop gender related programming which will ensure the empowerment of women and girls and the fulfilment of their rights.
• Lead on learning and establishing best practices in BRAC Afghanistan’s programmes in relation to gender and poverty.
• Implement the Gender and Social Inclusion strategy ensuring it reflects the aspirations of all stakeholders and is implemented throughout the organization.
• Work with stakeholders to build the technical capacity of staff, including training, to implement gender programming, develop proposals and conduct appropriate research.
• Develop, lead and influence within key networking and policy development functions (multi-lateral, national government, and INGO communities).
• Contribute to BRAC Afghanistan policy-making work in coordination with BRAC International
• Lead on documentation, knowledge capture and exchange of learning in relation to gender and social inclusion.
• Co-ordinate the development of the gender objectives with the management
• Strategic thinker/planner who can take an overview of safeguarding, GESI and advocacy and develop strategies and plans for strengthening the organization’s measures.
• Skilled in analyzing capacity building needs and designing and delivering a range of capacity building interventions.
• Can support others in capacity building on Safeguarding, Advocacy and GESI including consultations on programme participants and child friendly reporting mechanisms.
• Ability to present information analysis to senior management in a manner that enables them to take decisions.
• Skilled networker who builds and utilizes contacts and relationships to strengthen practice.
• Communicates verbally and in writing to suit the target audience and deliver messages effectively.
• Skilled in policy writing, presentation, and any form of written communication.
• Capable of planning an investigation and participating in an investigation within agreed-upon boundaries.
interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resources Department, BRAC Afghanistan,
To apply please click on the below: https://jobs.af/jobs/safeguarding-gender-manager-abadei
Only complete applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse.
BRAC Afghanistan retains the right to not recruit for any of the positions advertised for here.
BRAC Afghanistan is seeking application for mention position anticipated project.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply.
BRAC Afghanistan Human Resource person details.
Name: Javid Akbari
Designation: Human Resource Officer
WhatsApp No# +93 700730586
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job, please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 07730