- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale (Monthly Gross Basic Salary-3096USD)
- Years of Experience At least 8 years of work experience in managerial or leadership position preferably with international organizations in the areas of resilience programming food security, livelihoods, agricultural sector.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year-Extendable
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference KBL-23-2022
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education At least university graduate in Agricultural related qualifications, and preferably at Masters’ degree level.
- close Date May 20, 2022
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
- Summary of Key Functions
- The purpose of the Position is to manage and provide technical leadership for the development and implementation of the Country resilience programming, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming
- Develops strategic direction for the portfolio of the projects under the Resilience Program, including all food security, agriculture and livelihoods humanitarian programs.
- Support the implementation and continued development of impact and outcome measurement systems, and establish evidence base of effective program strategies and models, and regular review and revision of program design
- Identification and development of new initiatives & projects contributing to Program impact, in collaboration with PQDL and CMPs
- Leads and manages strategic partnerships and advocacy relating to the Resilience program, in particular working through UN Cluster system and undertaking research
- Close coordination and collaboration with operational and program teams within CARE Afghanistan (CAFG) to ensure learning, and maximize program cohesion and effectiveness
- Represents programs and initiatives within the program portfolio to donors, government and other stakeholders
- Coordinate donor or stakeholder field visits in areas that are related to the resilience program
- Ensures best practices are adopted and used across projects and the Long Term Programs are aligned with the CI Global Standards, CARE 2030 Vision and CAFG’s Program Strategy Framework.
- Ensures the Theories of Change are developed, reviewed and adapted as needed to help meet the intended results.
- Communicates impact and significant developments within CAFG programming by generating appropriate reports and fact sheets in order to facilitate resource mobilization, multiplying impact and advocacy initiatives.
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to Resilience program teams to manage implementation in line with appropriate quality standards, including ensuring technical support needs are identified and addressed.
- Responsible for the development, design and quality of delivery of the portfolio under Resilience Program and its activities in accordance with the CO Program Strategy Framework and the 2030 Vision.
- Responsible to keep CARE Member Partners aware of progress and challenges in implementation while ensuring timely submission of reports and key documents as per the relevant reporting schedules.
- Provide technical updates to donors, CMPs, RMU, UN, Government and other stakeholders as needed
- Lead the development of humanitarian and Resilience programme designs and donor proposals
- Lead in staff and partner capacity building to improve the quality of CARE Afghanistan’s programme
- Key relations
- Represents CAFG in relevant National level humanitarian coordination meetings, including Donor, cluster and Government meetings and initiatives and where appropriate lobby, advocate and campaign on issues related to Resilience programs.
- Develops, manages, influences and maintains external and institutional relationships including CMPs, Donors, relevant Ministries, other aid providers and civil societies as appropriate.
- Communicates internally programmatic issues with DCD-P, Program Advisor, Humanitarian Coordinator, Provincial Managers, Departments heads to ensure effective implementation and required support for program portfolio
- The SPC is a member of the SMT and will be responsible for the development and continued engagement of key stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure representation of CO in external forums, clusters and working group and share the outcome with related staff/unit.
Kabul Main Office
- Key Results Expected
- Maintained high quality programming and its related outcomes by guiding program integration
- Generated evidence based outcomes and impacts through facilitating interdisciplinary approaches to research
- Disseminated evidenced based approaches that CARE AFG produced, in such meetings as FSAC meetings to benefit other humanitarian actors
- Identified and built strategic partnerships in line with strategies and pathways outlined in the Long Term Programs, in collaboration with relevant teams, including partnerships for advocacy with external stakeholders
- Adopted appropriate tools/approaches to support implementation of the long term program
Led regular, periodic reviews of the Long Term Program design (including domains, pathways, assumptions, breakthroughs and indicators) in close collaboration with relevant teams and external stakeholders as appropriate
Building and nurturing relationships, facilitating change and strategic decision making, developing teams, building commitment and partnership, political acumen, excellence (personal work standard), pro activeness, dependable.
Skills and Experience:
Leadership and managerial skills, Administrative skills, strong interpersonal skills, facilitation skills, proficiency in written and spoken English, good understanding, best communication, skill of computer programs
At least university graduate in Agricultural related qualifications, and preferably at Masters’ degree level.
- At least 8 years of work experience in managerial or leadership position preferably with international organizations in the areas of resilience programming food security, livelihoods, agricultural sector .
- At least 5-year program management experience; previous experience managing emergency/recovery/development projects. Strong preference for a candidate with experience using market-based modalities in emergency/recovery contexts, community lead recovery and resilience programming .
- Experience in cash/ voucher based programming
- Experience in coordinating and managing large scale program implementation in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Demonstrated strong ability with project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc.
- Experience with capacity strengthening and partnership building
- Knowledge of Sphere emergency guidelines, including MEAL guidelines and best practices.
English, Dari and Pashto
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to Afg.Vacancies@care.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (Program Coordinator KBL-23-2022) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Security check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)