- Salary Offer According to NTA Salary Scale (Grade-C)
- Experience +6 Years
- Number of Vacancies 21
- Contract Duration 1 Year (with possibility of extension)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Reference MOPW/SRTAP/1400-14
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date May 15, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree in civil engineering, transportation engineering, and other similar discipline
About Ministry Of Public Works:
The Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) is responsible for the planning, design, procurement, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the various transportation infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and its relevant drainage and retaining/protection structures in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Therefore, to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MPW the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from the development Budget for the Ministry of Public Work (MoPW)
Scope of Work/Job Summary:
MoPW is looking to recruit a Road Pavement Data Collection Specialist with extensive experience in a wide range of civil construction activities including, but not limited to the Analyze the current road safety concerns, recommend cost effective measures to maximize safety conditions on roads that are improved under the project Based on appropriate international good practices. The incumbent must have a thorough understanding of the international and local design and construction codes/regulations/standards. The incumbent will function as a member of the operation and maintenance team where He/She provides technical inputs and Supports technical and engineering personnel with project support duties.
The potential candidate will remain active through all project phases and should work in close coordination with the senior management in MPW. He/ She must directly report to the Senior Engineers/ Consultants of the team.
The Road Pavement Data Collection Specialist will carry out the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage inspection schedules and complete work plans; with MoPW central office and local authorities and get approval prior to site inspection;
• Carry out inventory survey and fill its template as necessary;
• Carry out routine and periodic condition surveys as planned, meticulously, systematically, and in a consistent manner as requested by the team leader;
• Complete inspection forms utilizing survey equipment, take pictures/videos recordings, make drawings/sketches, and write inspection summary sheets;
• Record the details of current defects and any preventative or corrective maintenance activities previously carried out;
• Complete Quality Assurance and Quality Check process in compliance with the Inspection Manuals;
• Estimate quantities and unit prices for repair work as required and assist planning personal on preventative and corrective actions required for maintenance;
• Carry out traffic counts when necessary and or monitor the traffic counters;
• Give required instructions to the traffic counters for the selection of traffic counting stations, team management, and counting procedures;
• Assisting traffic counters team in analyzing traffic counting data required for the planning;
• Keep soft and hard data on roadway structures such as inspection forms, sketches, drawings, calculations, reports, photos, etc.
• Carry out IRI, PSI, etc. surveys;
• Collect and sort data on each roadway element in various folders for inventory, condition survey, Html files, etc.;
• Fill out risk matrix spreadsheets before undertaking trips;
• Mark all defects in photos by identifying the type, severity, and extent of each defect and record them in the prepared templates;
• Coordinate with RAMS core team, the Pavement Condition Officer, and GIS specialist to download raw collected data and upload inventory and condition data to the central database in an accurate and reliable manner;
• Carry out supervision and provide guidance to the data collection contractor (if hired) to improve their performance and quality of the works;
• Participate in missions related to the project review and evaluation;
• Participate in the preparation and implementation of seminars and training courses;
• Any other task assigned by the relevant head/supervisor.
• Min of bachelor degree in civil engineering, transportation engineering, and or any other similar discipline;
• Having of a personal smartphone of 6.5inch diagonal dimension, with Android 10, 32GB free memory for use of data collection;
• Having of personal computer installed with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and AutoCAD software;
• Having a minimum of 4-year work experience in road survey, design, maintenance, and construction (general experience) and min of 1-year work experience of road/pavement inventory and condition surveys and condition rating of asphalt, concrete, and DBST pavements (specific experience).
• Knowledge of standard practices of maintenance and construction for road’s pavements;
• Basic experience working with GPS and survey equipment as necessary;
• Required verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Proven organizational and problem-solving skills;
• Able to travel to the remote area all over Afghanistan, collect required data and work as part of a team;
• Physical fitness and able to travel and complete inspection procedure;
• Perform any other survey-related duties and tasks as assigned by the head/supervisor.
• Familiar with the roads inventory pavement, data collection, and their analysis;
• Experience with Pavement Surface Evaluation and Rating (PASER) methods;
• Ability to overcome challenges and work in difficult work environments/conditions (especially in the field);
• Be able and willing to travel to all provinces and remote location in Afghanistan, including volatile and insecure areas;
• A high degree of personal initiative and willingness to accept responsibility for poor data collection;
• Knowledge of road maintenance procedures;
• Basic knowledge of road geometric and pavement design will be an asset;
• Use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
• CV with an application form for the relevant position;
• Copy of verified Degree by the Ministry of Higher Education;
• Copy of verified Afghan ID Card (Tazkera) or Passport copy;
• Copy of verified last Posting Contract;
• Copy of other documents seems to be necessary.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV to email@example.com, kindly indicate the vacancy number (MoPW/SRTAP/1400-15) and the post title (Road Pavement Data Collection Specialist) in the subject line when applying by email. To the Human Resource Unit – Sustainable Reform and Technical Assistance Project of Ministry of Public Work Kabul Afghanistan.
Office Add: SRTAP Office, Kabul Jalalabad Road, In front Of KMTC, Ministry Of Public Work, Kabul Afghanistan.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified