- Salary Offer According to NTA Salary Scale (Grade-C)
- Experience +6 Years
- Number of Vacancies 3
- Contract Duration 1 Year (with possibility of extension)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Reference MOPW/SRTAP/1400-13
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date May 15, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree in civil engineering, transportation engineering, and other similar discipline
About Ministry Of Public Works:
The Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) is responsible for the planning, design, procurement, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the various transportation infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and its relevant drainage and retaining/protection structures in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Therefore, to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MPW the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from the development Budget for the Ministry of Public Work (MPW)
Scope of Work/Job Summary:
The Road Maintenance Specialist Engineer is responsible for all types of inspections, investigations road/highway pavement diagnoses, Make sure that all under construction and maintenance/rehabilitation pavements are taking place in proper and professional standards, have an eye on road/highway pavement design-related activities, and provide required advice to design team and other related infrastructures required under MPW, support the relevant departments with collecting data, drafting, filling and technical support in a specialized area. The incumbent must have a thorough understanding of the international and local design and construction codes/regulations/standards. The incumbent will function as a member of the operation and maintenance team where He/She provides technical inputs and Supports technical and engineering personnel with project support duties. The potential candidate will remain active through all project phases and should work in close coordination with the senior management in MPW. He/ She must directly report to the Senior Engineers/ Consultants of the Department.
The Road maintenance specialist will carry out the following
Duties & Responsibilities:
• The incumbent for Road Maintenance Specialist is to provide operational, technical and other plans for all due activities of the project.
• To follow and implement project working plan for the entire project.
• Monitoring, supervising and managing related functional units together with senior engineers.
• Should provide engineering support to operation maintenance team, consisting of pavement management, pavement rehabilitation, and design, forensic investigations, and construction management services.
• Initiate, manage and implement the routine maintenance of paved and unpaved rural roads.
• Initiate, manage and implement the Periodic maintenance of paved and unpaved rural roads.
• Manage and Supervise the maintenance department to collect and analyze road inventory, condition assessment and prioritization of paved and unpaved roads.
• Provides timely advice to maintenance team on managing and contractor and closely monitors their performance, reporting any issues to the Head promptly.
• Knowledge of all the steps and methods of pavement design and pavement rehabilitation according to Afghan and international standards.
• The incumbent should have excellent experience in exploring, analyzing, and oversight of field investigations managements.
• Maintenance condition index surveys knowledge is required at the medium level.
• Proposal development in related filed is necessary in terms to prepare partial data for any road construction proposal.
• Must know all terms about both rigid and flexible pavement design, treatment, and relevant technical problems.
• Site monitoring and prepare reports to the related sections.
• Must know all types of laboratory tests (soil, tar, asphalt, concrete, and other construction materials).
• Maintain strong coordination with relevant design departments/sections.
• Overall responsible for QA/QC of routine maintenance and periodic work at the regional level
• Excellent experience in highway/road maintenance both geometric, pavement and all maintenance-related issues (asphalt, concrete, or any type).
• Review geotechnical investigation requirements of highways (bridges and culverts) of any MoPW project if required.
• Providing civil engineering technical assistance, roads asset data management and support to the Roads team
• Supporting the team by managing hazard/condition inspections of assets, identifying defects, prioritizing works, and arranging repairs
• High field-oriented capacity for quality delivery management of periodic and routine maintenance.
• Be able and willing to travel to all provinces within Afghanistan, including insecure and volatile areas.
• Any other assignment as required by the supervisor.
Skills & Competencies:
• Able to maintain good team cohesion for knowledge sharing and on-time delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to training and build the capacity of counterparts.
• Must have excellent knowledge in Maintenance analysis.
• Have excellent experience of GPS to identify the highway/road damaging and risky areas.
• Proven knowledge of road maintenance and construction.
• Working knowledge of MS Office packages (MS Project especially), with advanced Excel skills
• Excellent English skills, both written and verbal. Fluent in Dari and Pashtu, both written and verbal.
• Proven organizational, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
• Is able to demonstrate attention to detail and patience.
• Ability to overcome challenges and work in difficult work environments/conditions.
• Sound ability of technical report writing in related filed
• Must know all road construction materials and machinery.
• Best knowledge of engineering material tests.
• Self-discipline, integrity, and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.•
• Bachelor in Civil Engineering or a similar discipline with 6 years of relevant experience. A Master’s Degree in Construction Transportation Engineering or Civil Engineering Bachelor degree plus 2 years of experience is in lieu of Master’s degree.
• Possession of personal computer installed with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Relevant Field Soft were.
• Knowledge and experience of inspection and condition rating of asphalt, concrete, and DBST pavements.
• Knowledge of standard practices of construction
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English
• Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
• Able to travel to the Province in their zone and work as part of a team
• Physical fitness and able to travel and complete inspection procedure
• Perform any other survey related duties and tasks as assigned by the supervisor
• Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
• Copy of verified Afghan ID Card (Tazkera)
• Copy of verified last Posting Contract
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, kindly indicate the vacancy number (MoPW/SRTAP/1400-13) and the post title (Road Pavement Maintenance Specialist) in the subject line when applying by email. To the Human Resource Unit – Sustainable Reform and Technical Assistance Project of Ministry of Public Work Kabul Afghanistan.
Office Add: SRTAP Office, Kabul Jalalabad Road, In front of KMTC, Ministry of Public Work, Kabul Afghanistan.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified