- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary Scale
- Address Sharana
- Years of Experience 2-3 years working as midwife supervisor or MCH officer with NGOs, or government
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Five Months
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference OHPM-UNFPA-PKT-019
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Medical Doctor or University degree from HIS/Midwife
- close Date August 22, 2022
About Organization for Health Promotion and Management (OHPM):
OPHM is committed to promote the lives of communities through provision of comprehensive and standardized health, education and development services; conducting trainings, researches, surveys and evaluations independently and/or collaboratively at local, national and international levels that would ultimately result in a sustainable well-being and self-reliance of vulnerable communities /age groups (Especially of the women of reproductive age and under five children).
OHPM selected by the UNICEF and WHO and is responsible to delivering the SEHATMANDI BPHS&EPHS in Kapisa, Paktika and Helmand provinces and implementing other vertical projects in Khost, Parwan, Panjshir and Kandahar provinces funded by the UNICEF, UNDP, UNFPA, WHO, WFP, according to established and agreed targets (for quality and coverage), and thereby contribute to achieving the goals of the Ministry of Public Health which are to: Reduce maternal and newborn mortality, Reduce under 5 mortality, improve child health and nutrition.
The MCH coordinator must have the qualification of MD preferably diploma holder, with experiences on RH programs and training for at least 2 years, and fluently in Dari/Pashto and English languages. Who has the ability in data management provide support on technical and management issues.
- To assist/support project manager on MCH related issues at the project level.
- To assess/support the RMNCAH services at the family health house in the selected districts.
- Develop action plan for implementation of the FHH activities on monthly/quarterly basis.
- To assist in developing comprehensive supervisory check list for the supervision of the FHH activities.
- Good supervision, monitoring and evaluation skills from family health house.
- To achieve the MCH objectives (ANC, PNC and Delivery) of RMNCAH Kandahar project.
- To conduct on the job training for midwives at the project implementation sites.
- To ensure regular supply of all FHH in MCH related issues.
- To compile and analyze the MCH activities reports from the FHH and give proper feedback.
- To report on the issues related to MCH on regular basis.
- Performing any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time by line manager
- Graduated from recognized university as a Medical Doctor or University degree from HIS/Midwife
- 2-3 years working as midwife supervisor or MCH officer with NGOs, or government.
- Good communication skills (written & spoken) of Pashto, Dari, & knowledge of English is a strong advantage.
- Strong interest in the development of MCH activities
- Basic computer knowledge is an advantage
- Good supervision and monitoring skills from FHH.
Other skills required:
- Efficiency, result-oriented and excellent management capabilities;
- Ability of problem solving and conflict resolution;
- Capacity to perform effectively under pressure and harsh conditions; ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner;
- Excellent capacity development and teamwork skills; cross-cultural and gender sensitivity;
- Ability to travel throughout country as well as within the province including Health Facilities;
- Respect confidentiality of organization;
- Ability to use information technology effectively.
- High and effective communication skills.
Application Submission: Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter with updated CV to OHPM HR department only via Email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview
Note: Please put Job Title & Vaccancy Number which you applied for, in the Subject Line of your email