- Salary Offer Based on DRC Salary Scale
- Years of Experience 2 years’ experience in EORE (Explosive Ordnance Risk Education)
- Number of Vacancies: 4
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-KDN-301-22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education High School
- close Date November 27, 2022
About Danish Refugee Council:
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, honesty, and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
Providing Explosive Ordnance Risk Education in EO-impacted communities for the purpose of raising their awareness and promoting behavioral change towards Explosive Ordnance and reducing the risk of injury from Explosive Ordnance.
- Conduct EORE training in the assigned Afghan communities according to EORE SOP in close cooperation with the operation officer and Sur/EOD/clearance Team Leaders.
- Follow up operational work plan while delivering EORE.
- Keep record of daily, weekly, and monthly EORE activities.
- Collect the pre-post forms as per the guideline and assigned targets and ensure SADD data collection.
- Report the progress weekly and monthly to the DDG site operation officer in the operation area.
- Maintain communication to the site operation office daily according to the SOP.
- Maintain close contact and coordination of activities with the DDG Sur/EOD teams, if applicable.
- Be responsible for EORE training material condition and quantities designated for the team.
- Check all equipment and training material of the team for any damages in a daily basis and report accordingly and ensure the driver does the same with the vehicle.
- Report to DMAC RO on any newly discovered mine accidents, incidents, SHAs, mines and EOs trough site operation officer.
- Collect and compile EO survey information during community visits and share it with site operation officer.
- Ensure good communication and coordination with local communities and conduct community liaison in each village before starting EORE activities.
- Conducting impact monitoring according to the plan, filling the forms, and reporting it in a time base to the Operation Officer and RE Specialist.
- Collect and compile EO victim information during community visits, and report it to the site operation officer and ensure the information flow to the relevant DMAC RO.
- Be responsible for the conduct of work of the driver assigned to EORE team.
- Brief the visitors and supervisors in the field with regards to EORE work and community information gathered.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by Operation Officer / RE Specialist.
- Liaise, assist, and coordinate with other EORE Instructors in the field, if applicable.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- 2 years’ experience in EORE (Explosive Ordnance Risk Education)
- A good knowledge of liaison and communication
- Experience in teaching is preferred
- High school
- Pashto and Dari –fluency
- English – preferred
- Computer – preferred
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
Interested? When applying for this position, all applicants must send a letter of motivation and a DRC Job Application form, you can access our job application form from the below link.
DRC Job Application form link: https://www.acbar.org/Document/8060869251.docx
Note: Please attach the completed application form instead of your CV along with your letter of motivation to the official DRC Job portal address mentioned in the job vacancy, Only the DRC Job application form will be considered, please do not attach your CVs.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.