- Salary Offer According to HPRO Policy
- Address Kabul
- Years of Experience more than 5 years’ experience
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 02/2022
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • MD Degree in Public Health (MPH), Social Science
- close Date August 10, 2022
The Health Protection and Research Organization (HPRO) is a national non-profit non-governmental organization (NGO) registered with Ministries of Economy, Women’s Affairs and Public Health, of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and is comprised of professionals with specializations in research evaluation and institutional building. The organization was established in 2008 with the specific aim of assisting the government of Afghanistan and its partners by conducting research and evaluation designed to inform policy makers, program managers and practitioners for the purpose of improving program implementation that can ultimately ensure overall development of Afghanistan and the wider region. HPRO is the compatible and competent research company to conduct this engine assessment. The relevant evaluation and research experience is shortly described in the coming paragraphs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act according to the HPRO policy and code of conduct.
- Develop Spirit of co-operation and understanding among members of the team
B- Specific responsibilities
- Plans and coordinates the initiation of the research study protocol, and the establishment of operating policies and procedures.
2. Promotes research capacity building in the organization.
3. Prepares research ethics board applications.
4. Plans, implements, and maintains data collection and analysis systems in
support of research protocol; coordinates the collection and analysis of research data.
5. Recruits, instructs, and coordinates research subjects and/or volunteers,
as appropriate to specific study objectives and work scope.
6. Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and
Data collection activities; acts as the primary administrative point of
contact for internal research staff and as the principal operational liaison
for other organizations, funding agencies, and regulating bodies.
7. Coordinates the day-to-day activities of any technical support staff
Specifically engaged in the carrying out of research/clinical protocol, as
appropriate to the position; may perform aspects of the research protocol,
as required, in accordance with specified program objectives.
8. Plans and coordinates the staffing of research studies, including the
Recruitment and administration of research support staff, as appropriate
to the activity.
9. Supervises and coordinates the provision of support services to
investigators and researchers.
10. Monitors the progress of research activities; develops and maintains
records of research activities, and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports,
as required by investigators, administrators, funding agencies, and/or
11. Plans and coordinates regular advisory board and steering committee
12. Organize and coordinate meetings with related stakeholders and
13. Establish and maintain strong and effective communication between the
organization and related stakeholders and ministries.
14. Provides support for the strengthening of collaboration and linkages
between the sectoral ministries and development partners.
15. Support the field enumerators and supervisors and monitor them during
the data collection.
16. Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of Research methods/ Research design.
- MD Degree in Public Health (MPH), Social Science with more than 5 years’ experience in research, monitoring & evaluation or other relevant fields.
- Experience of conducting survey/research in context of Afghanistan.
- Excellent English language knowledge including speaking, reading and writing.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office applications, and skill in Software for statistical analysis (SPSS, Epi-Info, and/or STATA). familiarity with qualitative data analysis software will be an advantage.
The closing date for this vacancy is 10th August 2022. Interviews will take place in Kabul. Candidates who are not shortlisted will not be informed. Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience, but competitive.
Please fill the form in the here https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/uSSN9GlO and upload your Cover Letter and Resume (as one file in the related link)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No personal emails or phone calls will be entertained.