- Address Kabul/Afghanistan
- Years of Experience A minimum experience of 4-5 years working experience in health project management preferably in UN agencies and NGOs.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration project based
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/KMO 037 -23
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 2 Months
- Education MD from a recognized university. Master’s degree in public health, will be a plus point
- close Date June 7, 2023
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods, and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is slightly over 9,000. During the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with a particular focus on women, girls, boys, and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Reproductive Health coordinator is working under the direct supervision of Head of Health programme and health team members in Kabul and projects, RH coordinator overall responsibility is to implement all components of BPHS and EPHS services under HER project in Nuristan and Wardak including services delivery. She will be responsible for close cooperation and coordination with other relevant unites for successful implementation of the project.and meanwhile The position is responsible for providing technical support to BPHS/EPHS team members to make sure all MCH related activities are being executed in accordance with approved MOPH and UNICEF guidelines and SCA BPHS/EPHS contracts, and to ensure The incumbent will be accountable to visit BPHS and EPHS health facilitates to ensure overall achievements against pre-set annual and quarterly targets. The RH coordinator will attend all MCH task force meetings at MOPH and UNICEF and represent SCA at other similar platforms in Kabul. The RH coordinator will assist the Health Programme Unit in Kabul in planning, reporting, and budgeting of MCH section.
- To implement all components of BPHS and EPHS services under HER project in Nuristan and Wardak including services delivery.
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA.
- To provide technical support to BPHS/EPHS team members to make sure all MCH related activities are being executed in accordance with approved MOPH and UNICEF guidelines and SCA BPHS/EPHS contracts, and to ensure The incumbent will be accountable to visit BPHS and EPHS health facilitates to ensure overall achievements against pre-set annual and quarterly targets
- Keep updated with issues related to the SCA, especially related to the Health Programme.
- Be committed to the tasks assigned, accountable for the performance and outcomes; believe in development and improvements and willing to learn more.
- When required, act as representative of the Programme in internal and external events related to health.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming in the Programme related planning and budgeting processes.
- Ensure Rights Based Approach (RBA) throughout the Programme implementation cycle.
- Perform any other related official tasks assigned by the Head of Health Programme.
- RH coordinator will be responsible for coordination of RH related activities with MCH team and donor.
- Support field staff and provide technical inputs to Strategic Planning, Project Operational Plans, Work plans and other types of planning exercises, which are launched at provincial level.
- To ensure that quality MCH services are being provided in all BPHS and EPHS HFs in target areas.
- To coordinate assist HPU and field teams in MCH related planning, budgeting, and reporting
- To assist the health programme unit in Kabul in designing new project proposals/concept notes and developing new strategies and SCA health specific guidelines which are more pertinent to MCH.
- To provide technical assistance and on the job training to all existing MCH officers at the field level
- To conduct supportive supervision of existing BPHS and EPHS health facilities and weigh overall MCH indicators of all health facilities and come up with viable recommendations and Feedbacks for further improvement.
- To represent SCA in relevant workshops, taskforces, and meetings in Kabul
- To oversee the application of the national guidelines and policies of the reproductive health, IMCI, in the implementation of BPHS/ EPHS projects
- To coordinate with Human Rights and Gender Unit (HRGU) to ensure that gender sensitive and rights-based approach has been taken into consideration while designing or executing projects in field.
- Focal point for Gender mainstreaming in health
- Any other duties assigned by respective line manager.
Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach:
- To support rights-based programmes approach with a focus on enhancing SCA priority target groups participation in the design and implementation of programme/projects.
- To contribute to coherence, synergy and added value to the programme planning and design processes with focus on results.
- To Provide professional and technical assistance in preparing viable recommendations on project implementation, alternative approaches, and optimal utilization of resources that contribute effectively to the fulfilment of the rights of rural communities including women and children, people with disabilities and recommendations on programme improvement and new initiatives to ensure achievement of strategic objectives.
- S/he has the responsibility to assist in obtaining information such as programme funds, agreements, approved budget, compliance with donor contractual requirements and making sure that all concerned staff in the programme as well as Her projects understand and implement their activities in line with the donors’ contractual requirements.
- To assist and coordinate and solve budget related issues with finance department and link it with the narrative activities report based on each contract.
- S/he is responsible to support the Head of Health Programme and project manager/coordinator in developing the budget and concept note.
- To ensure Psychosocial support in all types of training and capacity development interventions related to FHH projects.
- To Work closely with the relevant managers (responsible for capacity building activities) and provide her/him the required support regarding on-the-job training to the HER staff both at office and field level.
- To Support the overall process of MCH staff training needs assessment, facilitation of training opportunities inside and outside SCA in consultation with the project manager/coordinator, Head and Deputy Head of Health Programme as well as SCA Human Resource Development Unit.
Planning and Reporting
- To assist project manager/coordinator Head and Deputy Head of Health Programme and Senior Health Programme Specialist in annual planning, budgeting, and reporting of the Health Programme, proposal and application writing, and donor reporting according to SCA planning cycle and reporting system, particularly for RMNCAH.
- To organize programme related events including Quarterly Review Meetings (QRM), Planning Workshops and others as required.
- To maintain close contact regarding the Health Programme issues, with project manager.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- To conduct field visits on a regular basis to make sure that all existing health activities, particularly MCH are in line with MOPH and SCA strategic guidelines and donor requirements.
- To assist External Evaluators, Senior Health Programme Specialist, Head and Deputy Head of Health Programme and other senior programme members in conducting evaluations and research studies
- To contribute actively to the successful development and good reputation of SCA
- To perform other tasks within the field of competency as assigned by the Head and Deputy Head of Health Programme
Values, Accountability and Integrity
Take responsibility for own work and honestly seeking to achieve organizational and personal objectives.
Ambitious and Creative
A commitment to growth and making difference in the lives of other through innovative ways
Builds and maintains effective relationships with team, colleagues, approachable, diplomatic, and supportive with developed listening skills.
- MD from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in public health, will be a plus point.
- A minimum experience of 4-5 years working experience in health project management preferably in UN agencies and NGOs.
- Working experience with INGOs in Afghanistan and engagement in BPHS and EPHS related activities will be Plus point.
- Demonstrate competency in maternal, new-born and child health and Immunization programming.
- Must have a good understanding of RMNCH policies in Afghanistan.
- Demonstrated team-building capabilities and strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to prioritize, delegate, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiatives, innovate and pursue work proactively
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Gender and cultural sensitivity required
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Dari/Pashto
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages. Operating data analysis software (STATA, SPSS…) will be an added value
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV through APPLY below link.
- Academic certificates or references need not be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline are not accepted.
- SCA is committed to ethical standards and a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
- Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.