- Salary Offer According NTA Salary scale
- Experience At least 5 years' work experience in the related f
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One Year- Extendable
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 05112051
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date May 15, 2021
- Education Master’s degree in Rural Development, Business Administration, management, or related field.
About Aga Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
At present, it is seeking exceptional individual to fill the position of Regional Project Focal Point DDF/EIDA, at its regional office.
Regional Project Focal Point DDF/EIDA is responsible for planning, budgeting, coordinating, managing, and reporting District Development Fund/KFW grant. She/he is responsible for donor’ communication, tracking progresses in the field writing progress reports in line with donor’s PIPs and budget sheets.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
1- Focal point to KFW/DDF:
- To coordinate and facilitate monthly meetings with DDF’s Monitoring Team and other stakeholders.
- To prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports on DDF grant.
- To arrange DDF MT’s field visits to project sites.
- To manage Remote Monitoring & Management Tools to ensure that project reports are sent correctly and on time.
- To Facilitate and implement Social Mobilization and Capacity Building packages.
2- Focal point to EIDA:
- To coordinate and facilitate meetings, site visits with CTTC Monitoring Team.
- To attend EIDA related meetings and workshops.
- To help CSG, Infrastructure, NRM and MERLU team conduct appraisal and feasibility study of projects.
- To review, edit and compile appraisal and feasibility study reports.
- To review donor’s proposals, PIPs, budget sheets and Gantt Charts and match with YPOs provided by each sector in CSG for compliance.
- To attend donor’s relevant meetings, inceptions and workshops and help CSG sub-sectors in development of budget sheets and activities.
- To regularly support relevant AKF departments in provision of quality case studies, success stories and donor reports.
- To coordinate with the relevant sectors for writing monthly, quarterly, biannual, and annual reports to regional management and NPO, and government institutions.
- To coordinate with donors on compliance issues, track progress on the implementation against PIP and ensure compliance of the donor’s requirement to achieve the overall objective of bringing change in the lives of the target communities.
- To critically review the provided contracts, MoU and other relevant documents in CSG and make sure they are implemented and align with the donor requirement and AKF policies.
- To undertake regular visits to monitor progresses on the implementation of activities in the field and maintain effective communication with field staff as and when needed.
- To supervise regular data collection through implementation.
- Provide monthly progress report to CSG Manager on expenditure
- Participate actively in program planning in order to set the monthly activities
- Support field team in developing monthly and quarterly reports.
- Support field team in dealing with any other tasks as may requires.
- To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Any other tasks assigned by CSG Manager or Senior Program Manager.
- Maintain good relationship with relevant government sectors related to program reporting.
DECISION-MAKING & AUTHORITY
- Prioritize between tasks that are considered important to relevant departments in a time bound situation.
- Present DDF/EIDA grant in official meetings with stakeholder.
- Ensure communities demands are met through implementation of the projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering will be preferred.
- Master’s degree in Rural Development, Business Administration, management, or related field from any recognized university.
- Fluent in English language with excellent speaking and writing skills and ability to effectively communicate with different stakeholders, Problem Solving, Financial and Management Skills, Initiative and creativity capabilities and interpersonal relationships.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in the related field with national and international organizations.
- Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
- Ensure effectiveness and efficiency during implementation of programme and decide based on that
- Ability to deal with multi tasks and work under work pressure
- Ability to decide critically in a complex situation
- Problem solving skills
- Public Speaking Skills
- Negotiation Skills
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th May 2021.
- Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
- Applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a cover letter along with their CV, National ID, and Educational documents to the given email address before deadline.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
- Grade D based on NTA Salary scale.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.