- Salary Offer As per the NCA salary scale
- Years of Experience •A minimum of 4-5 years of previous project management experience with an international NGO. • Knowledge of project management software and MS office.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 12 Months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference #054
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension May
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field. Referred to have Master's degree.
- close Date May 19, 2022
NCA is one of the largest aid organisations in the Nordic region. NCA have 21 country offices across Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East, including four joint country offices and other partner organisations.
Our mandate is to save lives and seek justice. We do this by working with long-term development programmes, humanitarian interventions and advocacy toward decisionmakers to address the root causes of injustice, poverty and power imbalance. Our work is undertaken closely with local civil society partners and other NGOs. NCA Afghanistan is currently working on Climate Resilient WASH, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment, Humanitarian Response, Learning and Social Development, Integrated Community Resilience Action (ICRA) project and Civil Society capacity building.
NCA is seeking a competent and highly motivated Regional Coordinator to join our team. This post will provide regional leadership supporting the Integrated Community Resilience Action (ICRA) project delivery. The post holder will provide overall coordination with relevant project stakeholders in the region, support M&E function, logistics, ensure regional compliance with donor policies and procedures, including NCA policies on Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM), Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), Gender mainstreaming, Anti-fraud, and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA).
The post holder is based in Kandahar City, Kandahar Province and reports to the ICRA Project Manager
The main expectations for this position over the next period in regard to strategic targets and plans:
NCA is looking for a highly motivated coordinator who is self-driven and experienced in project management to join our team. The post holder, to be successful, should have proven project management experience, be articulate, have excellent written communications skills, and be able to work under pressure to meet demanding deadlines. The post holder should also think creatively and have excellent interpersonal skills.
The main tasks and responsibilities for this position:
A. Provide overall coordination with relevant project stakeholders in the region
1. Provide overall support for the implementation of the project in the region, provinces and districts
2. Oversee activities of all CSO partners within the region
3. Liaise with NCA technical experts to support CSO technical focal persons
4. Organise meetings with project stakeholders whenever required
5. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports
6. Ensure that all activities under the ICRA project are implemented within the given timeframe
B. M&E and Reporting
7. Undertake regular field visits to project provinces and districts.
8. Provide oversight to the data collection processes of M&E officers
9. Share the result of field monitoring visits with the Project Manager.
10. Support in the identification of challenges and constraints encountered during project delivery
11. Organises lessons learned workshops and documents project experience in collaboration with the communications officer.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
Applications will only be accepted via the following link:
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Refer to submission guideline