- Salary Offer As per NCA Salary Scale
- Years of Experience A minimum of 4-5 years of previous project management experience with an international NGO.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Fixed-Term Contract
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference #73
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field. Referred to have Master's degree.
- close Date November 28, 2022
NCA is one of the largest aid organisations in the Nordic region. NCA have 21 country offices across Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East, including four joint country offices and other partner organisations. Our mandate is to save lives and seek justice. We do this by working with long-term development programmes, humanitarian interventions and advocacy toward decision-makers to address the root causes of injustice, poverty and power imbalance. Our work is undertaken closely with local civil society partners and other NGOs. NCA Afghanistan is currently working on Climate Resilient WASH, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment, Humanitarian Response, Learning and Social Development, Integrated Community Resilience Action (ICRA) project and Civil Society capacity building.
Provide overall coordination with relevant project stakeholders in the region:
- Provide overall support for the implementation of the project in the region, provinces and districts.
- Oversee activities of all CSO partners within the region.
- Liaise with NCA technical experts to support CSO technical focal persons.
- Organize meetings with project stakeholders whenever required.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
- Ensure that all activities under the ICRA project are implemented within the given timeframe.
M&E and Reporting:
- Undertake regular field visits to project provinces and districts.
- Provide oversight to the data collection processes of M&E officers
- Share results of field monitoring visits with the Project Manager.
- Support in the identification of challenges and constraints encountered during project delivery.
- Organizes lessons learned workshops and documents project experience in collaboration with the communications officer.
Required Expertise, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field. Referred to have Master’s degree.
- A minimum of 4-5 years of previous project management experience with an international NGO.
- Knowledge of project management software and MS office.
- Can effectively communicate in English and the local language.
- Must be willing to travel to project areas
- Has an eye on detail as well as be development oriented, analytical thinking, and creative thinking.
- Hands-on experience in managing humanitarian and development programmes.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills
- Demonstrated experience in working with Civil Society Organisation and Government institutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good strategic planning abilities
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Good people management skills
- Has pleasant interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
Applications will only be accepted via the following link:
NCA does not charge or have any registered agents for job application or any form of paid priority listing. Application through the supplied web link is completely free.