- Salary Offer Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale Top up Credit card on monthly basis Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor law
- Experience 2 years working experience in Cooking
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 31-Dec-2021 (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference VA-2021-146
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 18, 2021
- Education High/Secondary School Graduated
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
Purpose of the job:
The purpose of this position is to provide service support of cooking/cleaning to program and support team. Under the supervision of HR/Admin Assistant, the jobholder will work closely with other cooks, purchase food items, provide appropriate and hygienic food, arrange tea for staff and
For more information about this position please click on
Generic Responsibiliteis :
- Make sure the kitchen and lunch room is cleaned and hygienic
- Check the supplies of tea, Sugar etc… in the office.
- Cook for staff and visitors according to the schedule.
- Raise requests for required office supplies for the kitchen from market or stock.
- Ability to bring changes on food table urgently and if required.
- Providing an appropriate food table that is favourable for all staff.
- Arrange tea for all the staff, visitors and meetings in the mornings and as requested.
- Help HR/Admin Assistant to prepare and organize the meeting room for official meetings if required.
- Assist in loading, unloading and movement of furniture, equipment, and office supplies if required.
- Purchasing foodstuffs for preparing lunch.
- Perform all other work related duties which is given by her/ his supervisor;
- Initiative and cooperative.
- Good facilitator.
- Honesty, Diplomacy, self-confidence and good capacity to listen others.
- Good abilities to communicate.
- Flexible with the time.
- Respect the NRC roles, regulation & Principles.
- Ability to cook and make different food and salad
- Physically strong.
- 2 years working experience with NGOs and expatriates is an advantage;
- Experience in cooking.
- Basic English and Pashto, ability to read/write Dari.
- High/Secondary School Graduated
Personnel Qualities :
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Good facilitator
Monthly Salary based on NRC Salary scale
NRC has medical coverage for staff’s plus 4 dependent
Eid bonus once per year
Leave & holidays according to Afghanistan labor Law
Top up credit Card on monthly basis
How to Apply :
Option 1: To Apply for the Above Position, please refer to the link below:
Option 2: Qualified candidates can also submit their CVs’ and Letters of interest to the address below:
Nimroz Office Address: District # 1, Jawana#8 Infront of challenger English & computer institute