- Salary Offer As per NTA salary scale policy
- Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies 5
- Contract Duration Open Ended
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference Mail-ta-282
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date June 16, 2021
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL):
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities.
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is launching the Emergency Agriculture & Food Supply Project (EATS) in response to the COVID-19 crisis. The Project objective is to support critical food supply chains and create short-term economic opportunities. The Project includes three components: (A) Productive agricultural water systems; (B) Critical food supply chain management; and (C) Project management. The Project will be implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and financed by grants from the International Development Association (World Bank) and the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF).
The Project design is based on the experience and knowledge acquired from several on-going or recently closed projects, including: On-Farm Water Management Project (OFWMP), National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP), Afghanistan Agricultural Improvement Project (AAIP), all three projects implemented by MAIL and Irrigation Rehabilitation and Development Project (IRDP) implemented by MEW. The Project will use a community driven development approach through the Community Development Councils (CDC) building on the experience of the Citizens Charter Afghanistan Project implemented by MRRD, among others.
A Project Management Unit (PMU) staffed with National Technical Assistance (NTA) is financed by the Project to support the national, provincial and district offices of MAIL for its implementation. The PMU is led by a Project Director based in Kabul.
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will work under all project components
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Sr. M&E Specialist. His/her performance will be evaluated by Sr. M&E specialist with close coordination of Regional Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation specialist will be responsible for:
· Preparing the weekly/monthly and annual plans for monitoring and evaluation of project activities (Regional base).
· Preparing monthly and Quarterly project progress reports on results indicators.
· Reporting to the proposed M&E system on the collected data as well as financial analysis as part of the survey reports.
· Conducting periodic and systematic data collection and analysis of EATS results indicators, in conjunction with relevant EATS activities.
· Properly documenting the in-kind contribution by the Irrigation Association in the actual physical/rehabilitation work of the irrigation scheme, watershed and taking photos of project sites from different stages of rehabilitation work.
· Provide leading role in third party monitoring and internal auditing of the project activities.
· Preparing a clear and transparent filing system (both soft and hard) of regional project activities.
· Actively collaborate with the Database Officer and provide inputs to develop databases on project activities and assist in updating regularly the database according to the project requirements.
· Provide timely inputs for new initiatives and improvements on M&E issues to the management team.
· Monitoring of civil work of project activities (irrigation schemes, watershed & zero storages) with close coordination of field supervision specialist to insured the quality of work.
· Participate in the project’s quality implementation, particularly through identifying weaknesses and strengths in EATS’s M&E issues and report to the management team.
· Perform any other task assign by Regional manager or Sr. M&E specialist.
Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferable) in Agriculture Economics, Economics BBA/MBA or Social sciences.
At least 5 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation of Agriculture and/or development projects.
· Fluency in English with full command on local languages Dari and Pashto.
· Knowledge and experience of M&E tools, methodologies and approaches (including data collection quantitative, qualitative as well as participatory).
· Understanding of planning and implementation of M&E systems.
· Management and team leadership ability.
Ability to use computer software. Familiarity with the office computer software used by the Organization especially in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook);
Afghanistan, Baghlan, Kandahar, Herat, Balkh
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications electronically through Email address
While submitting your applications please mention the Title of the position (Re announce Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist ) plus Vacancy Number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
Note: please do not forget to mention the province name in subject line of your email