- Salary Offer As per NTA salary scale policy
- Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Open Ended
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference Mail-ta-270
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date April 19, 2021
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities.
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is launching the Emergency Agriculture & Food Supply Project (EATS) in response to the COVID-19 crisis. The Project objective is to support critical food supply chains and create short-term economic opportunities. The Project includes three components: (A) Productive agricultural water systems; (B) Critical food supply chain management; and (C) Project management. The Project will be implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and financed by grants from the International Development Association (World Bank) and the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF).
The Project design is based on the experience and knowledge acquired from several on-going or recently closed projects, including: On-Farm Water Management Project (OFWMP), National Horticulture and Livestock Project (EATS), Afghanistan Agricultural Improvement Project (AAIP), all three projects implemented by MAIL and Irrigation Rehabilitation and Development Project (IRDP) implemented by MEW. The Project will use a community driven development approach through the Community Development Councils (CDC) building on the experience of the Citizens Charter Afghanistan Project implemented by MRRD, among others.
A Project Management Unit (PMU) staffed with National Technical Assistance (NTA) is financed by the Project to support the national, provincial and district offices of MAIL for its implementation. The PMU is led by a Project Director based in Kabul.
The Contract Management Officer (CMO) will be responsible to assist the Project Director with the management of all types of contracts under EATS project, starting from the issuance of the contract until its completion and disposition of the contract file. CMO will report to the Project Director.
The Contract Management Officer – will work under the direct supervision of the Project Director and his/her performance will be evaluated with respect to following key aspects (i)evaluation the performance based on preparing contracts (duration, quality, etc); (ii)improving contract management processes (timely manner, number of Contract Amendments, approval of deliverables, etc); and (iii)processing of the contractor’s invoices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Contract Management Officer duties will include but will not be limited to the following:
Ø For Works Contracts:
· Maintaining all documentation, work schedules and correspondence between PMU and Contractor.
· Preparing checklist to meet important requirements of the contract and make sure all necessary requirements are met on timely manner.
· Ensuring timely issuance of contract award notices to contractors.
· Ensuring that construction schedules//delivery schedules/reporting requirements are regularly monitored.
· Making sure that all contract performance is as per agreed timeline and quality.
· Ensuring that time extension is issued before the contractual completion dates.
· Advising the Engineer and Employer when to apply Liquidated damages; issuing timely notice for Liquidated Damage (LD) for contractors.
· Maintaining all quality control reports for each contract including OK cards.
· Maintaining physical and financial progress of each contract.
· Preparing and process the payment of the awarded contracts to the contractors.
· Closely following up with Finance team for on time allotment and payment to the contractors that are due.
· Closely coordinationing with PMU and regional offices for preparation of contract completion reports and handing over of relevant works/goods and services.
· Preparing an inventory of Contractors and relevant data of their performance.
· Prepare contract amendment documents for contract extension with close coordination of PMU and regional office.
Ø For Goods Contracts:
· Verifying the monitor the Bank Guarantees and Insurance Certificates issued as per the Contract provisions.
· Verifying and keep records of the Details of Shipping and other Documents to be furnished by the Supplier, such as a negotiable bill of lading, a non-negotiable sea way bill, an airway bill, a road consignment note, insurance certificate, Manufacturer’s or Supplier’s warranty certificate, inspection certificate issued by nominated inspection agency, Supplier’s factory shipping details.
· Following up with supplier for on time goods delivery and requesting for committee for quality and quantity verification and inspection in accordance to contract provisions.
· Facilitating the appointment of the Committee for inspection of the Goods and collect and keep records of the Inspection Reports.
· Collecting all the documents for Warranty and create and maintain a database for Goods received and the warranty for each of them.
· Review the Contract extension and prepare the contract amendment documents with close coordination of PMU and regional office.
· Assessing the delays in the delivery as per the Contract and calculate and recommend the Liquidated Damages.
· Coordinate the supplier for on time amendment if needed and reporting to PMU.
· Preparing a clear soft and hard filing system for all contracts handled by PMU.
· Providing assistance to suppliers by on time follow up of goods receipt note and M7.
· Process payment requests, review their compliance to the terms of payment, deduct retention money, if any, and forward them to the Finance department for further processing.
· Coordinating with CMS on follows up with Finance and other departments to expedite payments to the Suppliers.
Ø For Consultancy Services and PIU Staff:
· Preparing consultant contracts and amendments with close coordination of HR unit.
· Monitoring the Deliverables (reports) for the Consultancy Contracts.
· Verifying the Invoice issued by the Consultants to comply with the Contract Provisions (unit rates, period, etc)
Performing any other task assigned by Project Director.
The Contract Management Officer would have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting and other related field.
· The applicants must have at least 5 years’ experience in the field of procurement and contract management. However out the five years 3 years must be in the capacity of the Contract Management Officer with the reputable development programs.
· Applicants with engineering background will be given priority.
· Good written and verbal communication skills in English Dari and Pashto essential and as well as having good interpersonal skills.
· Computer skills MS office and Excel ability to type in English and Dari.
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications electronically through Email address
While submitting your applications please mention the Title of the position () plus Vacancy Number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.