- Salary Offer According to Organization Salary Scale
- Experience At least 7 years experience in quantity surveying related to building construction. A minimum 5 years experience in construction of buildings.
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Ongoing ICA - Open - Ended - subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
- Contract Type Permanent
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference VA/2021/B5014/22097
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date July 31, 2021
- Education Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent professional qualification.
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, and in close coordination with other project staff, the Quantity Surveyor will provide quantity surveying expertise to the project in taking off quantities, preparing cost estimates, drafting contracts, managing the administration of contracts, and managing contractor payment process, in accordance with UNOPS guidelines and procedures and other applicable national and international standards. Specific responsibilities and duties include, but not limited to:
- Prepare Bills and Schedules of Quantities of materials, labor, and services required in the construction and engineering works.
- Prepare tender documents, Bills of Quantities and Engineer’s estimates for works, services and goods, variations, and change orders.
- Prepare and analyse costing of bids received (price bid evaluations).
- Prepare specifications when required.
- Undertake costs/rate analysis for construction works, including repair and rehabilitation works.
- Prepare budgetary estimates for comparison of various engineering options for studies and evaluations.
- Provide advice on contractual claims and assist in claim analysis.
- Manage the entire process of contractor payments from receiving progress claims/invoices, valuing completed work, checking contractor’s invoices and making recommendations, arranging payments and systematic record keeping.
- Participate in site visits, monitor and assess projects being implemented to ensure conformance with the design and cost estimates.
- Provide assistance to the preparation of Technical Reports for new and ongoing projects.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent professional qualification.
- At least 7 years experience in quantity surveying related to building construction.
- A minimum 5 years experience in construction of buildings.
- Proficient in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), quantity surveying/contract management software and experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Knowledge and skills in using AutoCAD will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of UNOPS/UN rules and regulations preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of both written and oral English and Dari is required.
Submission Guidelines: ACBAR
Please click on the below link for actual vacancy announcement to see the complete details and submission guideline as this is only an attempt for attracting female applicants for gender parity in organization. Please make sure you fill your profile/application properly with all relevant details in order to be considered for the next stage of recruitment/selection.