- Salary Offer As per the Organization salary scale
- Experience Experience in Supervision and Management of Psychosocial or Mental Health activities.
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 31-December-2021 (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference PU-AMI/HR/KBL/001454
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date September 25, 2021
- Education Degree in psychology, counselling, social work or related field
About Première Urgence – Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI)
PU-AMI (known globally as Première Urgence Internationale, PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. PU-AMI’s teams are committed to support vulnerable communities and populations, those marginalized, hit by conflict, natural disaster or economic downturns. PU-AMI’s main objective is to contribute to reduction in morbidity and mortality, and provide emergency relief to those in immediate need in order to help them regain their dignity.
Afghan mission is the oldest of PUI missions, with the first medical intervention launched in 1979 just after the Soviet troops crossed the country’s borders. PU-AMI teams currently deliver the integrated health care, combined with nutrition, psychosocial support; water, sanitation and hygiene (wash), as well as trauma services. The organization implements projects mainly in eastern parts of the country, and increasingly in the South-East Region. Since the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020, PU-AMI has also positioned itself as one of the main actors in preparedness and response to the pandemic, implementing health and wash-cantered activities at health facilities and community level in Kabul and beyond.
Globally, PUI provides assistance to around 6 million people in 23 countries and across 5 continents: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, and Europe.
PU-AMI (که در سطح جهان به نام PUI پی یو آی شناخته میشود) یک اداره غیردولتی، غیرانتفاعی، غیرسیاسی و غیر مذهبی مدد رسان بین ا لمللی میباشد.
تیم های PU-AMI متعهد به حمایت و کمک جوامع و جمعیت های آسیب پذیر به انهاییکه در اإثر منازعات- حوادث طبیعی و رکود اقتصادی منزوی شده اند میباشد. هدف عمده PU-AMI کمک در کاهش مرگ و میر -کمک عاجل به اعاده و بازیابی حیثیت ووقار انهاییکه در نیاز فوری قرار دارند میباشد.
ماموریت افغانستان قدیمی ترین مآموریت (PUI) پی یو آی بوده و با اولین مداخله در بخش صحی در سال1979 فقط درست بعد از عبور نیروهای شوروی از مرز های کشور آغاز شد.
تیم های PU-AMI در حال حاضر مراقبت های صحی ادغام یافته همراه با تغذیه حمایت روانی اجتماعی-آب-نظافت و حفظ ا لصحه wash و خدمات تردیدات یا تروما را ارایه میدارد.
این اداره عمدتآ پروژه ها را در بخش شرقی کشور و بطور فزاینده در مناطق جنوب شرقی کشور از زمان شیوع COVID-19 در 2020 تطبیق مینماید .
PU-AMI همچنین منحیث بازیگر اصلی در آمادگی و پاسخ به بیماری همه گیر – اجرای فعالیت های صحی و wash در سطح مراکز صحی و جامعه در کابل و فراتر از آن موقعیت خود را تثبیت نموده است.
در سطح جهان موسسه PUIدر 23 مملکت جهان به 6 میلیون نفر در 5 قاره افریقا- آسیا- شرق میانه- امریکای لاتین و اروپا کمک مینماید.
Responsibilities and particular assignments
Under the supervision of the MHPSS Advisor, the PSS specialist will support the PSS activities in the projects. Besides this, he/she will work on capacity building of PSS staff. Also, he will take part in the professional translation/interpretation of psychosocial documents, checklists and in training translation.
Objective 1: Technical Support, Management and Coordination of the PSS activities
• Support two PSS supervisors and provide support to all PSS providers in resolving the implementation challenges.
• Support program team for planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting of the PSS activities.
• In the presence of a MHPSS Advisor: provide support on the management of the PSS team. In the absence of the MHPSS advisor, manage the PSS team and activities to make sure the interventions run smoothly. Ensure that quality PSS services are delivered.
• Conduct routine data collection (within MHT and on HF-level) and program reviews to ensure successful implementation.
• In consultation with the project managers, elaborate the necessary logistic planning and arrangements for the execution of the planned activities.
• Under the supervision of the MHPSS Advisor, he/she will facilitate the establishment of a sound and close collaborative relationship with parties involved in the project implementation at local level: clusters, NGOs, communities.
• Coordinate with partner agencies in the provision and referral of services.
Objective 2: Monitoring and Reporting
• In close coordination with the M&E officer, enter weekly collective data about PSS activities in specific database
• Follow up weekly data entry by the PSS teams, and compiling the monthly report.
• Consolidate weekly data in monthly activity report (PMT)
• In the absence of the MHPSS Advisor, validate the database before sharing it to relevant departments (M&E officer, grants officer, project managers).
• With the support of the MHPSS Advisor, follow the progress, challenges and achievements towards project targets and indicators in PSS activities and inform line manager of any serious challenge in this regards
• Monitor the implementation of PSS activities on HF-level and within the MHT-project and report accordingly.
• Provide monthly reports of PSS activities within the MHTs and HF-level to the direct line-manager (MHPSS Advisor & Project Managers).
Objective 3: Capacity building and Training
• Under the supervision of the MHPSS Advisor, develop and implement a training plan based on training needs assessment and project objectives.
• Provide basic technical PSS training and refreshers training for PSS Supervisors, PSS providers and CHWs (on MHT and HF-level) and ensure training needs are met and performance is evaluated.
• Provide on-job-training for PSS Supervisors regarding clinical strategies, clinical supervision, monitoring and evaluation of PSS activities.
• Provide adapted basic PSS trainings and information to the health teams (and other concerned departments)
• Discuss follow up cases with PSS supervisor and PSS providers and provide adapted guidance
• Follow up referred cases with partner organizations
• Attend all PSS related trainings given by the MHPSS Advisor and other stakeholder
• Attend the weekly MHPSS supervision/ on job training meeting.
• Assist with any other related activities as deemed necessary by the expatriate MHPSS Advisor.
Objective 4 : Demonstrate strong ethical and professional practice
• Respect beneficiary confidentiality at all times
• Support and guide on the psychosocial activities ensuring beneficiary’s’ personal safety.
• Respect and promote PUI Polices and code of conduct
• Address needs and requests of beneficiaries in a respectful and professional manner
• Respect and support the core principles of MHPSS Support and Humanitarian Standards, including internal PUI Intervention Framework
• Ensure and reinforce the quality of all PSS services
• Mainstream of protection throughout all actions ; respect and ensure Do No Harm principle is being respected across all activities.
• Report to hierarchy any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others.
Qualification/ Requirements تحصیلات و شرایط لازمه
Degree in psychology, counselling, social work or related field
Experience in Supervision and Management of Psychosocial or Mental Health activities.
Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative and responsibility
Ability to work well with others, individually and in groups.
High stress tolerance
Diplomatic and open-minded
Good analytical skills
Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Strong communication skills
Ability to organize and manage priorities
A to work in a stressful environment and visit HF’s.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure to press submit at the end of the application.
No other type of submission will be accepted. Prepare your resume before applying, you will have to attach it. Please save your resume documents with you name.
Regarding PU AMI recruitment process, please note that!
- PU AMI will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- PU AMI commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- In case of any complaint please feel free to send your inquiries to this mail address: email@example.com
- PU AMI may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Women application are strongly encouraged.