- Salary Offer As Per AOAD Salary Policy
- Years of Experience Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience, particularly in the field of mental health with INGOs, public hospitals or other prominent organization
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 2 months probationary with extendable further
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 2022-HRD-11
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education BA degree in psychology, social science, or any other related field
- close Date August 11, 2022
About AOAD Accessibility Organization for Afghan Disabled:
Accessibility Organization for Afghan Disabled (AOAD) is a national nonprofit and nonpolitical organization which has been registered with Ministry of Economy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in May 2007 with the aims to advocate, promote and facilitate the Economic empowerment, social and political rights and physical accessibility of victims of conflict, landmine survivors, ERW and other persons with different types of Disabilities in Afghanistan. AOAD serves and advocates for disabled Afghan nationals regardless of their age, gender, ethnicity and society. AOAD strives to promote a barrier free accessible socio-political and economic environment for the People with Disability to have freedom of social, educational and economic participation within the Afghan society. In this regard, AOAD is actively involved in lobbying the government of Afghanistan Ministry of Martyrs and Disabled and other line ministries for strengthening the policy and providing equal access, opportunities and rights to persons with disability in Afghanistan.
- Act according to the policy of AOAD.
- Keep confidential with issues related to AOAD.
- Develop Spirit of co-operation and understanding among members of the team.
- Work with co-operative attitude and keep a high standard of quality.
The PSS counsellor is the dedicated staff to provide all sort of psycho-social counselling of the patients. He/she will be responsible to screen and identify and triaged those with mental health problems as per the different standard scales to know the severity of the patient’s health and provide standard number of counselling in a proper place which is comfortable for the patient and their privacy is kept.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop field activities plan in close coordination with project Supervisor.
- Assessing and identification of children, women and girls for psychosocial support in targeted communities
- Schedule and conduct field meetings with CDC heads, Women leaders, Parents and other target beneficiaries
- Conduct psychosocial redeveloped training plans in target communities
- Familiarize with existing pathways or where necessary develop a system for referral cases and case management which need further PSS support or other services.
- Provide context related PSS support at the individual, family, and community members.
- Conduct specific psychosocial group activities, adapted and appropriate to group’s specific needs and capacities.
- When needed work in close collaboration with faith leaders and others relevant authorities to create and implement psychosocial activities in the centers and the communities.
- Supporting social mobilizers to conduct awareness sessions to the project beneficiaries
Any other project related task assigned by project supervisor.
BA degree in psychology, social science, or any other related field.
Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience, particularly in the field of mental health with INGOs, public hospitals or other prominent organization.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in staff management, public outreach/ counseling, community mobilization, coordination with stakeholders.
- Strong Command on Pashto/Dari
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-ethnic team and take on diverse tasks.
- Working experience in the targeted provinces and familiar with concerned community, geography and culture.
- Team worker, Analytical and Troubleshooting skills
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
Qualified Afghan applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes ASAP with a detailed application/ cover letter in one document, including a Vacancy #, contact number, Email address.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given Consideration. Only those candidates will be called for interview who meets the qualification and requirement for the mentioned position.
Please submit your applications by email to Muhammadzazai2014@gmail.com