- Salary Offer As per organizational Scale
- Years of Experience - Minimum 1-2 years of experience working with government and/or NGOs in the field of protection/women and girls programming, social work / case management
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One Year
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 0006-01-2023-IMC-KBL
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education - Graduated from a recognized higher education in Social Work, Psychology/,or recognized institute of MOPH on Counselling or midwifery institute.
- close Date February 1, 2023
About International Medical Corps:
Organization Background: International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through healthcare training and relief and development programs.Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide. By offering training and healthcare to local populations and medical assistance to people at high risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergencies, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated healthcare systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
To learn more about our mission, visit https://internationalmedicalcorps.org/who-we-are.
Project Background: The project is in line with BHA’s mission to save lives, alleviate human suffering and reduce the impact of disasters by helping people in need become more independent, the Afghanistan Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) 2022 and Consortium partners country strategies. The program is designed around complementary three purposes:
PURPOSE 1: To enable most vulnerable HHs, affected by the multiple crisis in Afghanistan, to meet basic essential needs (food and non-food)
PURPOSE 2: To improve the safety, protection, and well-being of vulnerable communities, including women and children by preventing the adoption of negative coping mechanisms.
PURPOSE 3: To reduce excess morbidity and mortality associated with malnutrition, lack of access to primary health care, clean water, poor sanitation and hygiene.
Job Purpose: He/ she will provide psychosocial support, basic case management support to vulnerable women and girls through individual counselling follow up support, referrals, and dissemination of information on available services to encourage access to services. She will in collaboration with the PSS/ Training Officer oversee provision of psychosocial /group support, skills building with local partner, information sessions and other recreational activities that promote social support networks and cohesion with women and girls at Community health education/PSS centre.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
He/ she will provide psychosocial support, basic case management support to vulnerable women and girls through individual counselling follow up support, referrals, and dissemination of information on available services to encourage access to services.
She will in collaboration with the PSS/ Training Officer oversee provision of psychosocial /group support, skills building with local partner, information sessions and other recreational activities that promote social support networks and cohesion with women and girls at Community health education/PSS centre.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- PSS Counselling to women and girls.
- Provide direct support and care to vulnerable women and girls, including counselling and basic case management. Case management services will include:
- Assessment of needs of clients
- Developing an action plan with clients
- Implementing the plan with clients
- Provide physical accompaniment to vulnerable women and girls if requested to access medical and other services according to their wishes, choices and decisions
- Conduct direct and regular follow up with clients through home visits and based on thier wishes and consent.
- Case closure (if and when appropriate)
- Ensure proper documentation of work accomplished.
- Follow guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, and safety/security and non- discrimination while providing services to women and girls.
- Monitor how the referral pathway is working through making direct follow ups with other organizations that are providing services to women and girls.
- Support to conduct and help plan and organize psychosocial/ group support activities with women and adolescent girls to meet the emotional needs of them, build support networks among women/girls
- Support PSS Officer / Training Officer to conduct trainings to community-based volunteers on basic concepts, guiding principles, provision of Psychological First Aid and the referral mechanisms and pathways for their respective communities.
- The job location depends on assignment and might change based on projects evolving needs.
- Manage cases in line with the SOPs, adhere to standard documentation processes and follow best practice guidance
- Able to lead, trained, supervise, facilitate, motivate community focal points
- Working in a team and ensure that problems are identified in the initial stages and solved those amicably.
- Attending all relevant meetings requested by supervisor relevant to the project goals.
- Assist in other duties requested by the supervisor.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct, maintain humanitarian principles and respect international humanitarian law.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity
- It is all staff’s shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children and adults at risk; and any form of trafficking in persons.
Qualifications: Graduated from a recognized higher education in Social Work, Psychology/,or recognized institute of MOPH on Counselling or midwifery institute.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working with government and/or NGOs in the field of protection/women and girls programming, social work / case management.
- Good coordination, networking, inter-personal and relationship building skills, and diplomacy.
- Attitudes and aptitude aligned with the positions are essential.
- Good communication and liaison skills with community and all staffs.
- Good capacity and analysis of conflict management in order to provide advises to the population.
- Written and spoken English is a plus.
- To be able to propose solutions to the identified problems/challenges.
- Flexibility is requested regarding the working hours and the live-in community after the working hours.
- Preference will be given to local candidates.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Please note that:
- IMC commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- IMC will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- IMC may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure that you have Entered All Education, Work Experiences Details Completely, Accurate & at the end of the application you press Submit.
Preference will be given to local residence applicants.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran.