- Address Bamian & Badakhshan
- Years of Experience 10 years of experience). Medical Degree or MSC in public health or medical field, is an advantage.
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Provincial /Regional Hospital Director 004
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period Not Specified
- Education Master’s degree in public health (or a related field) and 5 years of experience managing health services delivery (or a bachelor’s degree
- close Date August 23, 2022
About AKHS-A (Aga Khan Health Service-Afghanistan):
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan (AKHS,A), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is a long-term partner of the ‘Ministry of Public Health, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’ for the implementation of “Basic Package of Health Services” in three provinces (Baghlan, Bamyan and Badakhshan), and implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Service (EPHS) in Badakhshan and Bamyan province. AKHS-A is implementing three Community Midwifery Education Program Schools each in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Baghlan
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Responsible for the overall leadership of Ustad Burhanuddin Rabani Shaheed Provincial Hospital.
- Responsible for the day to day management and administration, including financial transactions of Ustad Burhanuddin Rabani Shaheed Hospital.
- Facilitate and coordinate Nursing development and clinical and support services of the hospital.
- Promote and facilitate evidence based clinical practices, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines in Ustad Burhanuddin Rabani Shaheed Hospital and external exerts recommendations.
- Support the Head of Clinical Services in strengthening the existing links with the FMIC hospital in Kabul on clinical governance and in-service training activities for the Hospital staff including development of the nurse training and resource Centre.
- Ensure rigorous supervision, monitoring and enhancement of clinical governance and quality improvement activities including programme and clinical audit.
- Support and develop capacity of the Head of Clinical Services and Clinical Management team and other key members of the Hospital Team to enable them manage the programme in future.
- Oversee and coordinate the development and implementation of the Hospital Master Plan using the guidelines for stakeholders in the AKDN and guidance from the AKHS, A hospital planner consultant.
- Coordinate with the Provincial Health Directorates, and represent the AKHS, A in the Provincial Health Coordination Committee (PHCC) and Provincial Development Committee (PDC) meetings.
- Liaise with other implementing agencies to coordinate and improve the quality of current programmes.
- Participate in donor facilitation and reporting for Ustad Burhanuddin Rabani Shaheed Hospital
- Work with AKDN (AKF, A) Badakhshan regional team to ensure support and functioning of all joint activities.
- Coordinate with the Regional Programme Manager, Ustad Burhanuddin Rabani Shaheed, and National office for implementation of the programs, security and HR policies.
- Prepare a monthly report for Hospital and submit it to the Manager Clinical Services.
- Facilitate the continuing education programmes in the hospital.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor(s), AKHS,A, Kabul.
Education: Master’s degree in public health (or a related field) and 5 years of experience managing health services delivery (or a bachelor’s degree
Work experience: 10 years of experience). Medical Degree or MSC in public health or medical field, is an advantage.
Proven skills in HR management, Problem solving, crisis management and conflict resolution.
Proven ability to manage change in staff practice, staff mentoring and institutional development particularly hospital designs.
Good Computer skill in Word, Excel, Ms Office.
Good Communication skills.
Languages: Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
Able to work independently and can take initiative.
Flexible team player.
Able to work on own initiative.
Systematic approach to work and being able to apply modern concepts in hospital management.
Qualified applicants who are exactly suitable with above criteria are requested to send their Applications + CVs and clearly mention the job title and vacancy number in the subject line: (Provincial /Regional Hospital Director 004) otherwise their application will not be considered.
Note:Applications are reviewed on active bases and after receiving sufficient eligible applications we may process the position before closing date.
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan strives to promote diversity as well as provide an equal employment opportunity to each candidate, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, language, marital status, origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, or social status’.
Aga khan Health Service- Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Female are encouraged to apply.
AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to app