- Salary Offer As per organization's salary scale
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 Year
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference OCCD/KBL/GZI/009
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's or Master's degree prefereed from relevant Faculty of University, preferably Education, Science or Literature
- close Date November 28, 2022
Organization for Community Coordination and Development (OCCD) established and registered with Ministry of Economy in 2013, is a non-profit, non-governmental, non-political and independent organization. OCCD works in partnership with Government, development and implementing partners in Health, Education, Agriculture and Livestock, Research and Development
The Provincial project Manager is head of the Education Unit at the Provincial Office level which is consisting of Project Officers, MEAL Officers, Teacher Trainers, EiE-Specialist, CM, and other supporting staff, The EPM is responsible for the management of the OCCD education project at field level to ensure the quality of the education projects through regular field visits, to the education project sites, though should ensure, at the PO level, that the OCCD Education Program objectives and outcomes are achieved and well reflected the concerned stakeholders including the donors and MoE.
The Provincial project Manager also ensures that projects are completed on schedule, with quality, and within the budget. S/he collaborates closely with other units at the PO and ensures good and regular contacts/briefings with related provincial and district authorities and other external stakeholders.
The position holder is expected to promote an attitude of team spirit and through the transfer of their own knowledge and skills, enhance the ability of the project staff in the PO and ensure that all project staffs have appropriate skills, knowledge, and training to perform job functions.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure quality of the education projects through regular field visits, technical follow-ups and evaluations and also ensure preparations and follow up of action plans within the project
- Analyze the education data and share analytical inception, progress, and final reports/recommendations with the Education Program Manager at the HQ level on improving qualitative and implementation aspects of the education project.
- In collaboration with the PO base Administration and Program Implementation departments, ensures the timely provision and supply of the education materials to the CBE level.
- Advice and assist the Education project at PO level and HRM section in recruiting the education staff.
- In collaboration with the Field Administration Unit, ensure the project staffs receive on-time logistics support in performing their daily action plans and field visits.
- Contribute to writing proposals, work plans, reports, and budgets as required.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant stakeholders at the PO level, particularly with the Provincial Education Directorates
- Through the transfer of own knowledge and skills, enhances the ability of the PO education team.
- Ensure that the principles of child safeguarding and ‘do no harm’ are embedded in all project activities. Ensure transparency in targeting beneficiaries, delivery of services, and participation of beneficiaries and partners in planning and monitoring of the process is reflected in program delivery
- Ensure that all PO education staffs have appropriate skills, knowledge, and training to perform job functions.
- Coach and mentor PO education staff to ensure optimal results and promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on quality.
- Promote gender equality and human rights as well as nondiscrimination attitudes with regard to ethnic, political, and religious backgrounds within his mandate of responsibilities.
- Oversee and guide the implementation of the education activities according to the policy, strategy, work plan, budget, and other guidelines.
- Promote good coordination with other OCCD projects, all PO units, and other department HQ Levels with regard to project planning, budgeting, and other related issues.
- Maintain good cooperative relations with the national and provincial authorities, UN agencies, NGOs, and other stakeholders.
- Participate actively in ensuring broad understanding and acceptance by local communities of the education projects.
- Actively ensure community participation in education projects.
- Ensure to work to the best of his/her ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to OCCD in order to ensure the objectives of his/her role and the program are met.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree prefereed from relevant Faculty of University, preferably Education, Science or Literature
- At least five years’ experience in a higher managerial position within relevant field of a NGO or UN organization, preferably with education project management experience.
- At least five years working experience leading staff working with education-based development projects
- Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto, written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and capacity to deal with different rural communities with varied political/socio-economic and educational backgrounds
- Good supervisory, leadership, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Solid knowledge of planning, budgeting and report writing
- Familiar with design, evaluation and monitoring of education projects
- Computer knowledge at operational level, Ms Office standard software
- Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment
Note:- There is a three months of probationary period for all staff, Incase the employee fails to fulfill the requirements or completion of given tasks during this period OCCD can end his/her contract immediately.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes along with the cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE REMEMBER TO WRITE THE VACANCY#, POSITION, AND PROVINCE IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted