- Salary Offer As per NTA Salary
- Experience 5 years related experiences
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One year - Ext.
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 517/HRMD/CCNPP/MRRD
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date June 20, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree
About Citizen Charter/MRRD:
The Citizens’ Charter is a National Priority Program (NPP) of the National Unity Government (NUG) that was officially launched on September 25, 2016. The Citizens’ Charter is an inter-ministerial, multi-sectorial NPP, where Ministries have collaborated to provide basic services to rural communities. The key service delivery ministries involved are: Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD), Independent Directorate of Local Governance (IDLG), Ministry of Education (MoE), Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), with oversight by Ministry of Finance (MoF). MRRD has a key role and will be responsible for infrastructural development and strengthening CDCs and Cluster CDCs. The Community Development Councils (CDCs) will be linked to sub-national government to improve communication and coordination from the community to the district, provincial and national levels – increasing Government visibility and accountability. The Citizens’ Charter is an important foundation for the Government’s reform agenda, contributing to a number of priority areas including: Ensuring Citizens’ Development Rights; Building Better Governance; Reforming Development Planning & Management and Developing Partnerships. The Citizens’ Charter intends to improve service delivery by ensuring minimum service standards, provide greater responsiveness by the Government to the people and increase the level of public satisfaction with services. The Charter commits to deliver the following core services across the country over a 10 year period: • Basic health services • Basic education access • Safe drinking water and sanitation • Improved farming technologies and the delivery of extension services • Rural connectivity with tertiary roads • Rural renewable energy
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and provide information and supporting document to internal, external and TPMA.
- Respond and provide clarification/information to all queries by internal, external and TPMA
- According to the CCAP policy and standards, PMU managers are responsible and accountable to find/recommend proper solutions for any social, contextual and financial problem and gradiences at the community, districts and provincial level of all CCAP and its sub-projects.
- Responsible and accountable to comply/ apply CCAP’s and its sub-projects financial, procurement and other policies and standard at the community, district and provincial level for fair, accountable and transparent contracts and implementation and delivery of services and projects.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of the CCAP and its sub-projects and timely provide different types of reports when and while needed.
- Responsible and accountable to manage and facilitate quality, timely, transparent, accountable and effective implementation of HR/recruitment policies to prevent nepotism before, and during recruitment of staff in the field.
- Maintain Effective Coordination with the FP’s, line ministries and stakeholders of the program by developing a proper plan and follow-up tool for the meetings of District Citizen’s Charter Management Committee (DCCMC), and Provincial Citizen’s Charter Management Committee (PCCMC), and other required meetings on scorecard, grievances and etc.
- Make sure that timely actions are taken on Highly Important and Highly urgent findings of M&E/TPM/BDO and etc.
- Make sure that PMU related grievances are properly recorded and redressed in accordance to the GRM guideline to assure the responsiveness, accountability, professionalism and transparency of provincial Manager.
- Create and maintain effective linkages and mutual communications channels among other stakeholders involved in the implementation of CCAP, such as FPs, line department, governors and others.
- Achieve the overall targets agreed between management and provincial manager with required quality. This will not only include the work quality in terms of sub-projects but also the social mobilization which will show the ability of manager to take the FPs accountable and how effectively could manage coordination with FPs.
- Efficient and effective utilization of the human and non-human resources. This should be then comparatively related among the provinces, but similarities among the provinces will be taken into consideration.
- Responsible for all aspect of subprojects at sub project cycle and handover of subprojects to relevant office.
- Responsible for providing correct and real answer for any quires on subproject issues from outside of the program in coordination with HQ and on technical issues with HQ.
- Responsible for exact and precious reports on Technical, Operational, ESS, DRM, Monitoring and other aspect of the program.
- Responsible for Joint Project Management, implementation and its relevant documentation in a proper way with supervision and reporting by relevant staff.
- Responsible on all technical issues at the field level to HQ.
- Responsible for all TPM deviations and rectification on time with relevant feedback.
- Responsible for site selection and ESS consideration to be done correctly and at the subproject level by PMU and district engineers,
- Responsible for supervision of correct ESS documentation and ESS data entry by relevant staff at the field level,
- Timely communication on disaster risk management at the sub-project and HQ.
- Responsible for FP contract management at the provincial level, providing guidance and oversight to FPs on their performance implementation milestones.
- Providing guidance and oversight to CCAP provincial team and ensuring the safeguard compliance.
- Ensure the women’s participation at the CCAP related matters.
Financial, Procurement and HRM Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the overall quality verifications, approval and implementation of sub-project and disbursement of grants at the provincial level.
- Responsible and accountable to effectively and efficiently manage human and financial resources at the provincial, district and community level.
- Responsible and accountable to effectively and efficiently manage, verify and track financial status and expenditures of operations and projects budgets at district, provincial and community level.
- Responsible to make sure the CDC expenditure documents are reconciled, copied and scanned before approving form 3b for all withdrawals.
- Make sure the transparent and clean financial management, HR, internal control, quality assurance, quality control and community procurement mechanisms are in place and well-functioning.
- Properly and transparently conduct staff performance appraisal process on the actual work performance during the period and ensure that the process is as per the PPM of HRM Division both in PMU and District level.
- Ensure accuracy and transparency and avoid any favoritism and nepotism in the recruitment process and do not accept any pressure of any parties in the recruitment process.
- Ensure to accurately, completely and on time submit monthly payroll as per the record of every staff in the attendance.
- Provide accurate and on time data when requested.
- Any other task assigned by the direct line manager.
- Minimum a Bachelor degree from any recognized university in Social Science, Agriculture, Management, Business Administration (major in Marketing or in Business Development) and Engineering, Master degree is preferable.
- Five years’ experience in the related field.
- Experience in training, capacity building, system set-ups follow-up and monitoring and administrative management will be an advantage.
- Ability to build and sustain effective work relationships with a diverse range of clients, partners, peers and subordinates to achieve common goals’
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, and effectively lead a team in a high-pressure working environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken Pashto, Dari and English;
- Management and team leadership ability.
- Having the required skills in general management.
- Writing and communication ability in professional and related area.
- Ability to prepare operational plans of Program.
- Having required skills in the related technical field
- Other skills and Requirement of the positions:
- Project management, project planning, communication and coordination skills.
- Excellent written skills of English and Official National Languages (Pashto & Dari) is required.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills (with community/people and staff).
- Computer skills of Ms. Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required
- Strong team building, interpersonal and negotiation abilities including the ability to address sensitive issues with diplomacy, respect, and thoughtfulness.
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, and lead a large team in a high-pressure working environment.
- Willing to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative; and,
- Willingness and ability to travel to districts of the relevant PMU.
Please send your up-to-date CV, required Bachelor degree certified by Ministry of Higher Education and all work certificates as per your CV, before closing date, (please make sure that the size of documents that you attach does not exceed 4MBs), if any of the mentioned documents are not sent/provided, it will be considered as uncompleted documents and the candidate will not be short listed for the position, he/she applied for. Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number E.g., Provincial Manager – 517/HRMD/CCNPP/MRRD to: email@example.com
Important Note: any/all applications without the mentioned subject line will not be considered.
The MRRD/CCNPP strongly encourages women candidates to apply. It applies a pro-active and positive discrimination policy towards women candidates as follows:
Women candidates with slightly lower than the stated required experience will also be considered.
If offered this position, the woman position holder will be allowed an adult male or female relative as a Mahrram for official travel, if/when required.
The MRRD and its CCNPP will promote a woman-friendly environment with clear anti-harassment policies enforced.
The Human Resources Management and Development Division
Tashkilat Street, District 6th, Darul Aman
Citizens Charter National Priority Program
Ministry of Rural and Rehabilitation and Development