- Salary Offer As per NTA salary scale
- Experience Minimum 5 years’ experience in survey, design and
- Number of Vacancies 4
- Contract Duration 1 Year (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 497/HRMD/CCAP/MRRD
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date April 18, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, with a sound understanding of four sectors of engineering
About Citizen Charter/MRRD:
The Citizens’ Charter is a National Priority Program (NPP) of the National Unity Government (NUG) that was officially launched on September 25, 2016. The Citizens’ Charter is an inter-ministerial, multi-sectorial NPP, where Ministries have collaborated to provide basic services to rural communities. The key service delivery ministries involved are: Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD), Independent Directorate of Local Governance (IDLG), Ministry of Education (MoE), Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), with oversight by Ministry of Finance (MoF). MRRD has a key role and will be responsible for infrastructural development and strengthening CDCs and Cluster CDCs. The Community Development Councils (CDCs) will be linked to sub-national government to improve communication and coordination from the community to the district, provincial and national levels – increasing Government visibility and accountability. The Citizens’ Charter is an important foundation for the Government’s reform agenda, contributing to a number of priority areas including: Ensuring Citizens’ Development Rights; Building Better Governance; Reforming Development Planning & Management and Developing Partnerships. The Citizens’ Charter intends to improve service delivery by ensuring minimum service standards, provide greater responsiveness by the Government to the people and increase the level of public satisfaction with services. The Charter commits to deliver the following core services across the country over a 10 year period:
• Basic health services
• Basic education access
• Safe drinking water and sanitation
• Improved farming technologies and the delivery of extension services
• Rural connectivity with tertiary roads
• Rural renewable energy
Key roles and Responsibilities:
- Read, understand and apply the CASA-CSP/CCNPP Operational, Technical Manuals and FAQs.
- Provide technical support to community infrastructure subprojects in the different stages of subprojects (Site selection, Environmental Screening Impact, ESMP developing, technical survey, design, estimation, Bill of Quantities, technical proposals preparation, project implementation supervision, projects status report preparation, etc.)
- Close coordination with district and Main PMU engineers during subprojects selection and technical survey.
- Conduct of detail and precise technical survey of communities’ subprojects as per full consideration of Operation Manual (OM) and Technical Manual (TM) and ESMF.
- Strictly consideration of sustainability of subproject and economical consideration during conducting of technical survey.
- Provide detail and precise drawings of conducted technical survey.
- Provide detail designed drawings, estimation, materials and labours cost, BoQ, required construction material list, subproject implementation work plan and technical specifications for materials and construction activities.
- Have full attention during preparation of subproject technical proposal with a high quality and technical requirement.
- Provide and establish of technical proposals along with all related ESS Forms, technical forms and checklist.
- Explain prepared subproject technical proposals to district engineers (If need).
- Providing of realistic monitoring plan for technical monitoring of ongoing subprojects, especially for large and complex subprojects.
- Support and guide of district engineers in the different stages of subprojects like use of ESMP, technical survey, design, proposal preparation, implementation and handover.
- Review and check of technical proposals which are submitted by district engineers.
- Strictly control of quality of prepared subproject technical proposal.
- Strictly control of materials cost and unit cost of construction activities during proposal review and checking.
- Solve the existing small problems of submitted technical proposals.
- Close coordination and cooperation with district engineers during subprojects proposals preparation, review, checking and approval.
- Close coordination with district engineers and Main PMU engineers for doing of vital and fundamental activities of subprojects like, foundation works, formwork, steel reinforcement work, concrete placement and pouring and formwork/shuttering removal.
- Fill and certify of related works certificate at the filed during doing of main and fundamental activities of all large and complex subprojects and submitted to related district office and to line supervisor or PMU manager.
- Giving required information and technical on the job training to district engineers regarding ESMF, Developing ESMP, technical survey, design, implementation, quality control, and on time project implementation.
- Providing environmental/social inputs to monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities based on NSP Environmental Social Safeguards Management Framework (ESMF)
- Rechecking of “As Built Drawings” and final estimation of large scale subprojects at the field level during approval of final status report or SFSR.
- Solution of technical problems at field level as per requesting of district engineers as soon as limited time or sharing with Main PMU engineers for further action.
- Identify of suspended subprojects with close coordination of district engineers and finds the best solution way as soon as limited time.
- Strictly follow up and consideration of all contents and guide lines of Technical Manual.
- Close coordination with district engineers to ensure that they follow and apply CCNPP procurement guidelines stated in the Operational Manual.
- Do job (if need) as a focal point for one of the four engineering sectors (Road & Bridge, Water Supply, Irrigation and Renewable Energy.
- Monitoring by technical check list (TIMC) and provide details monitoring reports and submitted to related supervisor/manger.
- Identify and coordinate of large scale subprojects for survey and design with Main PMU engineers.
- Submitting of large scale subprojects technical proposals to Main PMU Engineering Team for approval and further process.
- Providing required information to Main PMU, HQ engineering department and ESS Unit (if need).
- Regularly follow up of subprojects data entry in MIS database and make sure that related data is accurate and entered correctly in database.
- Providing on time and complete feedback on the TPM findings as per the approved deviation format.
- Providing of technical reports to HQ Engineering Division.
- Sharing and coordinating the TPM monthly findings with the relevant stakeholder to take corrective actions.
- Fulfil job in other districts and provinces as temporary or as transfer based on need.
- Promote use of procurement forms particularly when construction contracts are employed.
- Follow up the Project Cost Data Base (PCDB) every three months and submitted to regional offices and use it to prepare sub project proposals and budget.
- Regular meeting with district engineers and social/community Organisers and regional engineers regarding to subprojects issues.
- Request technical support (if need) from Regional and HQ engineering department and ESS unit.
- Suggest necessary training from Regional office and HQ engineering department.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities which are assigned by related supervisor/managers, senior management and HQ Engineering Division.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, with a sound understanding of four sectors of engineering (Road & Bridge, Water Supply, Irrigation and Renewable Energy).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in survey, design and implementation/supervision at community level or rural development subprojects.
- Minimum 3 years’ special experience in the small and medium scale subproject design, review and checking relevant to community or rural area.
- Good and practical experience with using of required technical survey tools like Theodolite, Level, Abney Level, Pipe Level, etc.
- Have knowledge and ability to give training to district engineers of technical survey tools like Theodolite, Level Machine, Abney Level, Pipe Level, etc.
- Have ability to survey and design of medium and large scale subprojects.
- Good knowledge and skill in Auto Cad and practical using of it (it is necessary).
- Good knowledge and skill in MS Office especially project design, estimation and BoQ preparation in excel program (it is necessary).
- Good and practical experience with related engineering software’s (SAP, ETABS, Civil 3D, Water Cad, etc.).
- Be proactive in the identification and solution of technical and procedural problems in the field.
- Have knowledge and ability to strictly consider all contents of Technical Manual and also Operational Manual during subproject survey, design, and implementation and also handover.
- Have ability to conduct on the job trainings to district engineers in survey, design and implementation.
- Ability in the preparation of a good technical report from subprojects monitoring.
- Have ability to manage and fulfil all related duties and responsibilities in a good manner.
- Have ability to work under pressure.
- Able and willing to work in all related districts if need.
- Punctual and on time.
- Able to speak Pashto, Dari and English.
Please send your up-to-date CV, required Bachelor degree certified by Ministry of Higher Education and all work certificates as per your CV, before closing date, (please make sure that the size of documents that you attach does not exceed 4MBs), if any of the mentioned documents are not sent/provided, it will be considered as uncompleted documents and the candidate will not be short listed for the position, he/she applied for. Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number e.g., Provincial Engineer (CASA-CSP) 497/HRMD/CCNPP/MRRD to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Important Note: any/all applications without the mentioned subject line will not be considered.
The MRRD/CCNPP strongly encourages women candidates to apply. It applies a pro-active and positive discrimination policy towards women candidates as follows:
Women candidates with slightly lower than the stated required experience will also be considered.
If offered this position, the woman position holder will be allowed an adult male or female relative as a Mahram for official travel, if/when required.
The MRRD and its CCNPP will promote a woman-friendly environment with clear anti-harassment policies enforced.
The Human Resources Management and Development Division
Tashkilat Street, District 6th, Darul Aman
Citizens Charter National Priority Program
Ministry of Rural and Rehabilitation and Development