- Salary Offer NTA, Grade C 1-5b
- Years of Experience Minimum of three years of professional work experience as a team leader on development programs in complex and dynamic work environments
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference COMAC-5266
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree in international development or other relevant field
- close Date November 29, 2022
About Blumont/ Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC):
The Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC) activity, implemented by Blumont Global Development, Inc., provides comprehensive victims’ assistance (VA) to Afghan families affected by conflict. COMAC is designed to operate in all 34 provinces of Afghanistan. In addition to providing VA services, COMAC also builds the capacity of its staff and community volunteers to facilitate VA service provision, conducts outreach, and empowers Afghan civil society organizations (CSOs) to raise awareness among the Afghan public and their beneficiaries on the need for and the availability of VA services.
The Provincial Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all activities implemented from the Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC) Kunduz Provincial Office are implemented according to USAID and Blumont procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interfacing regularly with GIRoA officials and maintaining positive, productive relationships with Directorates, Coordination Committees, Provincial and District Governors and their respective councils, representatives of line Ministries, District Development Assemblies and Community Development Councils (CDC) as required.
- Maintaining regular and professional communication with community representatives providing assistance in solving any technical or social problems which may arise from activities implemented by the program and coordinate fieldwork.
- Ensuring strong coordination and collaboration with related Implementing Partners and other related stakeholders.
- Interfacing with the Mazar Regional Operations and Regional Capacity Building and Outreach Director.
- Act as the main contact for the program in Kunduz for inter-agency coordination meetings, meetings with local authorities and all other relevant coordination/information mechanisms.
- Attend other meetings when delegated by the Kunduz Regional Operations and Regional Capacity Building and Outreach Director.
Management and Administration:
- The provincial coordination will directly report to the Regional Capacity Building and Outreach Director.
- Oversee the overall operation, sound implementation, coordination and management of programmatic activities in the provincial office’s area of operation.
- Oversee all capacity building and communication activities as required.
- Review and analyzes nomination form to ensure proper follow on assistance are recommended
- Ensure all USAID rules, regulations and Blumont policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure efficient and effective project implementation to meet goals and objectives, Work Plan, Program Management Plan targets and success indicators.
- Ensure corrective actions are taken for deviations identified by the technical teams.
- Ensuring high quality reporting and analytical contributions to weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Ensure quality program implementation, paying particular attention to documenting best practices.
- Ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations as well as program policies and procedures.
- Ensure efficient and effective implementation of the beneficiary database, and compliance with standard procedures related to field input and reporting.
- Oversee the work of program sub-contractors operating in their area.
- Motivate regional staff to work together efficiently.
- Ensure maintenance of files and implementation of the program’s General Instructions, guidelines for managing correspondence and/or documents, financial vouchers and documents, personnel correspondence and documents, and any other documents related to the management of the office.
- Closely coordinate with the M&E staff in the Regional and Kabul HQ offices on issues, results and compliance of sub-contractors working on implementation
- Support project staff during project implementation.
- Maintain close contact with sub-contractors and community liaison staff to provide assistance in solving any technical and social problems which may arise during implementation.
- Execute random field inspections at least once a week or as required.
- Facilitate the work of local teams on various levels.
- Coordinate staff field work as required and report problems and challenges faced.
- Lead field-level research activities.
- Conduct random checks on staff to ensure they are doing their jobs properly.
- Communicate to the regional and Kabul HQ offices project progress and outcomes of field activities.
- Propose policies and procedures to senior management to improve the results of implementation.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development or other relevant field.
- Minimum of three years of professional work experience as a team leader on development programs in complex and dynamic work environments.
- Experience interacting with senior government officials in politically sensitive environments.
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded projects and knowledge of USAID policies, strategies and regulations.
- QA/QC and M&E experience.
- Excellent communication skills in local languages. Good spoken and written English skills preferred.
- Independent self-starter, capable of following guidance and transforming it into actions.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams.
This will be a Kunduz-based position with expected travel up to 40%.
Interested and qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for this position by filling out the online application form and upload their cover letters and CVs through the following link:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for the interview.
Note: Female candidates and People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.