- Salary Offer Based on Organization salary scale
- Years of Experience 3 - 5 years
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration Fixed-term
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 0061/MAPWO/YALBE-PCM
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree
- close Date February 26, 2024
About The Move Against Poverty of Women Organization – MAPWO
Move Against Poverty of Women Organization (MAPWO) is a not-for-profit, non-political, and non-governmental humanitarian organization. MAPWO was established in 2016 to work alongside other national and international partners for provision of education, health, and other social services aiming to reach the most unreached and highly underserved pockets of the society and women empowerment focusing on alleviating the sufferings of the most vulnerable groups of the society in different community structures such as rural, urban, IDPs, returnees, etc. Since its establishment, MAPWO has worked hard to implement projects that ensure people’s access to quality and equitable education and health and other basic life services with focus on vulnerable group of society (women and girls).
MAPWO needs 2 Provincial Community Mobilizers (PCMs) to be based in Wardak and Paktika provinces at MAPWO offices. The PCMs will be responsible to coordinate the implementation of the YALBE Project at provincial level including community mobilization, district level coordination, coordination with local and provincial authorities, establishment of YALBE course, monitoring the delivery of YALBE program in the classes. The PCMs will be involved and key actor at provincial level during assessment, establishment stages to implementation, monitoring and handover stages, asses and identify the risks involved and how those risks will be addressed in coordination with project officer, local authorities and other stakeholders. The PCMs will train, and capacitate field level teams especially DCMs about project monitoring and implementation and make sure the working relationship between MAPWO field team, DED and other related stakeholders are strong and cooperative.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cooperate the project officer in conducting a thorough needs assessment for YALBE literacy courses/classes establishment, beneficiaries’ enrolment, teachers’ recruitment, and other field level activities.
- Cooperate and support the Provincial officer in identification and selection of Literacy Facilitators (teachers), and beneficiaries or learners, prepare lists in close coordination with DEDs, DCMs and community.
- Ensure a high level of cooperation and coordination between MAPWO provincial office and PED and DEDs for smooth implementation.
- Provide necessary support to the team in the implementation of logistical requirements related in the YALBE Project at provincial level especially in the field in timely manner with no risk involved.
- Conduct day to day monitoring of the YALBE classes/courses at district and village level making sure the implementation is smooth and no major issues during implementation.
- Support District Community Mobilisers (DCMs) in coordination with communities, local authorities and during establishment and monitoring of classes.
- Pay a day to day visit to districts and classes for monitoring classes, teachers’ attendance and parents’ issues during delivery of YALBE Literacy classes.
- Any other task assigned by the provincial officer to facilitate the project implementation
- EDUCATION: University degree in Education, Business or Public Administration, or any other relevant field in social sciences. Master degree will be preferred.
- WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years’ experience (Master Degree), 5 years’ experience (Bachelor
- Degree) in community mobilization, community development, government relations, Education projects, and field level coordination
- Good Coordination and Communication Skills
- Team player
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Good Delegation, Prioritization and Problem-Solving skills
- Excellent follow up skills
- Able to handle pressure and workload
- Great understanding of government laws, procedure and bureaucracy
- LANGUAGES: Fluency in both written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto languages is a must.
- GEOGRAPHY Based in Wardak and Paktika, will need to travel regularly to districts of these two provinces and project sites.
- CONTACT/KEY RELATIONSHIPS:
- Supervision: The PCM will be supervised by the Provincial Project Officer.
Please send your up-to-date CV with covering letter telling us why you are applying and how you met the required competencies before the closing date. Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number e.g. (Provincial Community Mobilizer) Vacancy Number: 0061/MAPWO/YALBE-PCM to:
Well qualified female candidates will be given preference.