- Salary Offer Based on DRC Salary Scale
- Years of Experience Minimum 5 years of practical experience in the protection sector working for an INGO.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-KDN-303-22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor in law or other social sciences
- close Date December 3, 2022
About Danish Refugee Council:
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, honesty, and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The overall purpose of the role:
- Supports delivery of the organization’s policies and programmes within the protection sector and mainstreaming of protection across all sectors.
- Functions as a specialist within a sector area.
Sector responsibilities: Advocacy for the rights of displaced people in their context of displacement, child protection initiatives, individual protection assistance based on vulnerability, legal aid, land & property rights, sexual and gender-based violence prevention, registration services for the internally displaced and refugees, monitoring of rights and rights awareness-raising, facilitation of return and repatriation processes.
Coordination and representation:
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on issues related to the relevant sector.
- Represent DRC at relevant coordination meetings.
- Support integration of protection activities with other DRC sectors.
- Support good representation and reputation of the DRC protection programme in external meetings in line with organizational values and priorities.
- Actively participate in internal coordination meetings.
- Support and participate in regular sector meetings.
General Programming & Operations
- Contribute to the daily operation with comprehensive knowledge in the area of protection.
- Provide technical guidance and support to Area Office protection teams.
- Support sector needs assessments.
- Support efficient and effective programme implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Support the development and technical review of protection project tools.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Assist the Protection Coordinator with other tasks as necessary.
- Assist in developing project plans and budgets for funding.
- Assist in developing multi-sectoral interventions with a strong protection component.
- Assist in developing the projects’ Monitoring & Evaluation tools.
- Assist in project implementation and reporting.
- Support preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to relevant authorities as per need.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in the protection sector working for an INGO.
- Documented skills in project planning and design, drafting, calculation, and technical writing.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in project development.
- Experience working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience working directly with displaced populations.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Bachelor in law or other social sciences
- Working experience with communities especially in SGBV programming
- Good management skills
- Good English and excellent Dari and/or Pashtu.
- Essential knowledge of IDPs/returnees’ populations.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of national law and/or human rights principles and laws
- Computer skills including MS- Office
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness to travel within Heart/Jalalabad and Kabul (occasionally)
- A commitment to protecting human rights.
- Good knowledge of English and fluency in Pashto
Interested? When applying for this position, all applicants must send a letter of motivation and a DRC Job Application form, you can access our job application form from the below link.
DRC Job Application form link: https://www.acbar.org/Document/8060869251.docx
Note: Please attach the completed application form instead of your CV along with your letter of motivation to the official DRC Job portal address mentioned in the job vacancy, Only the DRC Job application form will be considered, please do not attach your CVs.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.