- Salary Offer As Per OHW Salary Scale
- Experience Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Number of Vacancies 4
- Contract Duration Project Based
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 426
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date April 22, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree in relevant fields
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
The Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) is a non-governmental organization and is a non-political, not-for-profit, and impartial organization with no bias towards a particular religion, ethnicity, or political belief. It has its own independent legal status and entity. OHW is operating since 2007 in the country with active membership with the national clusters and international donor agencies in Afghanistan including SWABAC, ACBAR, AICS, BAAG, AWN and most of the national and international Clusters operates based in Afghanistan.
The protection officer will work closely with the humanitarian team and will be involved much in identifying the survivors for protecting and defending their rights through advocacy and building the capacity of both the target groups, the official administration relevant departments and as well as the community representatives (religious leaders, elders, male household heads) update service mapping and lead the referral system.
- Assess protection needs and community assets to identify risks and vulnerabilities, including those related to gender and age. Develop concrete strategies / initiatives to reduce these risks, involving and building upon assets within the affected population and strengthening the capacity of displaced communities and other vulnerable groups to protect themselves.
- Make regular field visits to monitor the protection problems and concerns of vulnerable people and groups: eg exploitation and abuse, including sexual and gender-based violence, separated children, abusive or arbitrary detention, forced involvement in fighting forces, forced relocation etc.
- Identify women with protection concerns based on inclusion assistance criteria to implement appeal fund: eg women inclusion assistance and women grant support.
- Focusing on strengthening the communication with other humanitarian organization to identify different services actors for referral.
- Liaise with other agencies/NGOs/government bodies/donors to ensure coordination, implementation of common standards in the field and consideration of protection issues in assistance programs. May be required to facilitate protection working group(s).
- Prepare periodic reports on protection issues and activities.
- Developing the training materials such as curricula, pre and post evaluation format for analyzing the understanding level of the participants and have ability to conduct the workshops on upper level for the governmental relevant staff.
- Bachelor degree from well-known university in Law, Islamic Sharia and eligible of court licensee
- Strong knowledge of human rights and Afghanistan national laws, Humanitarian Law, Protection principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of displacement in Afghanistan, understanding of and commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Proven ability to establish effective working relations with external stakeholders, including Government officials, clusters and community representatives.
- Proven experience in emergency response activities including post distribution monitoring.
- Previous experience of working in ERM Project will have high preference
- Team-building and management experience and skills.
- Demonstrated staff supervision and management skill
- Demonstrated experience in conducting rapid emergency assessment
- Experience in working in insecure /conflict environments.
- Protection Officer must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent negotiation, advocacy and communication skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department – email@example.com
Applications should be received by OHW’s HR department on 28-April-2021 before 4:00 PM. And clearly, indicate the vacancy number and job title (Protection Officer /426) in their email subject line. Otherwise, their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.