- Salary Offer AFN50000 - AFN55000 monthly
- Years of Experience 2 - 3 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Not Specified
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference RW-CO-013-2023
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree
- close Date January 28, 2023
About Islamic Relief Worldwide
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
The Child Protection Protection Information Management Officer will be based in Kandahar province and will work under the direct supervision of Child Protection Coordinator and is responsible for Designing and maintain new dynamic databases or any custom applications for required Project. under supervision of Child Protection Project Coordinator, He/She is required to provide quality reports of Child Protection activities regarding the children, caregivers, and adolescents in a timely and efficient manner for Islamic Relief World wide’s protection program.
He/she is also required to create custom reports to address the needs of the project. The MIS Officer will undertake a wide range of requirement gathering, analysis and web-based database development tasks, including but not limited to those stipulated below:
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Child Protection MIS Officer has the overall responsibility to provide the quality reports of Protection support delivered at both community-based children, caregivers and adolescent in a timely and efficient manner under supervision of the Child Protection Project Coordinator.
- Work in all information collection, recording and report preparation under guidance of Child Protection Coordinator.
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of the collected information and security of the data and system.
- Assume different roles on the project according to the qualifications and capabilities to ensure that the MIS systems and the information Management applications are accessible for their users, produce system reports and to provide training in the knowledge area
- Monitor the network and communication systems to ensure user access and reduction of the security risks.
- Weekly & Monthly data Reconciliation of documents with entries in the database.
- Checking the data for accuracy consistency and completeness
- Communicating with admin and Finance department of entities.
- Getting weekly and monthly backup from Database data
- Reviewing of supervisor’s tasks and assist them when needed.
- Report directly to team leader.
- Assisting the data entry to IRW as per risk-based assessment
- Administer database management systems, maintain servers and configure workstation
- Address user queries; provide first level user support and training
- Carry out any other job as assigned by the team leader.
- Bachelor degree of computer science with Specialization in Database or relevant fields with strong background
- At least 3 years continuous relevant work experience in design, develop and maintain database system
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment Key Competencies
- Good adaptability and ability to work under extreme pressure
- Proven organizational and administrative management skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately & provide departmental guidance to staff
- Good knowledge of Local Area Networks and configuration of DNS, DHCP, NAT, et
- Understanding of computer and network architecture, networks and communications, servers and database administration or advanced knowledge of MS word and MS Excel, as well as MS Windows power user experience, or advanced
- Any certificate in the field of Database Management Systems desirable (MS SQL)
- Able to fluently read, write and speak Dari/Farsi, Pashtu and English Languages
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following link:
The closing date for accepting applications is 28 January 2023.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.