- Salary Offer Grade F, Step 1-2 (NTA)
- Experience 2 Years relevant
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 12 Months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 114-2021
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date April 26, 2021
- Education 12 Grade, Bachelor Degree is preferred
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Support in the follow-up and management of identified protection cases;
- Maintain case management files in line with the SOPs, and protection data management best practices
- The caseworker, with support from the Case Management Officer, will assume responsibility to assess the level of protection risk, and respond on time to protection risks and concerns, prioritizing urgent cases
- Support with service mapping to identify service providers in their areas and update service mapping regularly
- For specialized protection cases and non-protection cases, make timely referrals to relevant sectors/service providers and follow up on whether the service has been received by beneficiaries
- Participate in regular case management meetings to discuss cases, best practices, and lessons learned
- Identify cases for protection cash, individual protection assistance (IPA), and referrals. Discuss with the case management officer to ensure that the identified cases meet the criteria for assistance. Ensure timely response and follow-up.
- Under the guidance of the Case Management Officer and Snr. PRoL Officer, disseminate key protection messages including on rights and available services
- Provide regular progress reports on cases to the Case Management Officer for donor reporting
- Perform other duties as requested
- High school or bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of implementing protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings, experience in case management especially with IRC, and previous humanitarian work experience preferred
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well, and work in a cross-cultural setting.
- Fluency in written and spoken Dari/ Pashto, English speaking is a plus
interested and qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions :
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and remove from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Street # Qala-e-Fathullah, District 10, Close to Fatemia Takyakhana
Refer to submission guideline