- Salary Offer N/A
- Experience more than 5 year experience in Proposal writing.
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Permanant
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference HARO-NGR-18/2021
- Gender Male
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date June 16, 2021
- Education Bachelor Degree and MBA is a plus.
About High Afghanistan Rehabilitation organization:
High Afghanistan Rehabilitation Organization (HARO) is a nonprofit, non-sectarian, and non-partisan organization that has been working since the last 27 years in the country for well being, social/economical reintegration, sustainable development, and uplifting the living standards of the war affected communities in their hard reachable areas as well as in the urban regions. But, the development and life-saving activities were pale and inadequate in hard reach and unstable areas due to some donor agencies’ policies that they would not work in unstable areas.
The position of Proposal writer is a senior, leading, and full/part time position within HARO administration and program based in Kabul or Jalalabad offices. The Proposal writer develop the technical and professional concept and proposals in the areas of women empowerment, child protection, advocacy, anti-corruption poverty reduction, conflict management, peace and stability initiatives, vocational trainings, education and agriculture sectors, which exists to ensure that all HARO programs and activities are running smoothly. The Proposal writer closely works with the HARO management and Donor’s agencies and ensures strong synergy and working relationship with other programs at central and regional levels and HARO management team. Donor relation is another major area where the proposal writer plays significant role through developing and submission of on time project concepts and proposals. he will also maintain close communication with Donors and represent HARO for their better achievements. The proposal writer will attend different donor’s meeting, workshops, conferences and seminars whenever requested by founding agencies.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Work as part of a team to offer suggestions for improvements or ways to streamline the process.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Proven experience as proposal writer or relevant role;
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.;
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics;
- Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge
- Excellent research skills;
- Outstanding organizational abilities;
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of HARO;
- Flexible and able to multi-task;
- Ability to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions;
- Must have outstanding knowledge of Proposal Writing.
- More than 5 years of experience in proposal writing Specially for UN Organization (UNHCR, UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, WFP, UN-OCHA) and USAID.
- Ability to communicate fluently, both orally and in writing in English & Dari.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong English Writing Skills.
Qualified and interested afghan candidates should submit his/her cover letter and updated CV to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line of the email must be (Proposal writer, VA No: (HARO-NGR-18/2021).
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Note: Application received without exact position title, vacancy no will be directly disqualified from the process.